- link: http://www.grist.org/infrastructure/2011-07-20-when-design-kills-the-criminalization-of-walking
- date: 20 Jul 2011 1:28 PM
- author: Sarah Goodyear
- source: grist.org
- title: When design kills: The criminalization of walking
- topics: car dependency public transportation tragedy citizen disempowerment Raquel Nelson homicide conviction
- summary: Raquel Nelson, an Atlanta-area mother, was recently convicted of vehicular homicide because her 4-year-old son was struck by a car and killed while she was crossing a busy street at an intersection with no crosswalk.