2015/02/05/3 Male Lawmakers Propose Eliminating Obamacare's Maternity Coverage
- when: 2015/02/05
- author: Tara Culp-Ressler
- source: ThinkProgress
- topics: Obamacare US Republican Party/misogyny Obamacare/alternatives/Republican US/Congress/114
- link: http://thinkprogress.org/health/2015/02/05/3619623/gop-obamacare-alternative-maternity/
- title: 3 Male Lawmakers Propose Eliminating Obamacare's Maternity Coverage
- summary: "In their quest to repeal and replace Obamacare, three Republican lawmakers have offered an alternative proposal to the health reform law that would roll back some of its major consumer protections, including maternity care for pregnant women."
Now that Republicans have control of Congress, and a Supreme Court challenge against Obamacare threatens to undermine the current structure of the law's state-level marketplaces, GOP lawmakers are under more pressure to put forth their own health care proposals. Over the past several years, the party has not been able to unite around a single Obamacare replacement, and outside observers have become increasingly skeptical that Republicans have any kind of viable alternative at all.
On Wednesday, three Republicans attempted to allay those concerns by putting forth the first health care plan the GOP has unveiled this year. The proposed "Patient Choice, Affordability, Responsibility, and Empowerment Act" has not yet been been translated into legislative language, so it’s unclear how it will operate in practice.
|Author||Tara Culp-Ressler +|
|Page type||Link +|
|Summary||"In their quest to repeal and replace [[Ob … luding maternity care for pregnant women." +|
|Thing type||Article +|
|Title||3 Male Lawmakers Propose Eliminating Obamacare's Maternity Coverage +|
|Title/short||3 Male Lawmakers Propose Eliminating Obamacare's Maternity Coverage +|
|Topic||Obamacare +, US Republican Party/misogyny +, Obamacare/alternatives/Republican + and US/Congress/114 +|
|When posted||5 February 2015 +|
This property is a special property in this wiki.