2015/02/05/Russian Patriarch Again Supports Blasphemy Laws
- when: 2015/02/05
- author: Ed Brayton
- source: Freethought Blogs Dispatches from the Culture Wars
- topics: Charlie Hebdo/2015 shooting Russian Orthodox Church Charlie Hebdo/2015 shooting/agendas Patriarch Kirill anti-blasphemy law
- link: http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/2015/02/05/russian-patriarch-again-supports-blasphemy-laws/
- title: Russian Patriarch Again Supports Blasphemy Laws
- summary: "Patriarch Kirill, the supreme leader of the Russian Orthodox Church, is unsurprisingly criticizing the publishing of cartoons that are viewed as blasphemous by some Muslims. Kirill was the main force pushing for harsh anti-blasphemy laws in Russia, so this is expected."
"How could they join people who sympathize with victims of terrorism and the protection and justification of horrible blasphemy in one protest!" he said.
Patriarch Kirill said freedom ends "where human ugliness, tasteless, immorality, and destruction of the moral nature of man begins."
see also wikipedia:Patriarch Kirill of Moscow
|Author||Ed Brayton +|
|Page type||Link +|
|Site||Freethought Blogs + and Dispatches from the Culture Wars +|
|Summary||"Patriarch Kirill, the supreme leader … my law]]s in Russia, so this is expected." +|
|Thing type||Article +|
|Title||Russian Patriarch Again Supports Blasphemy Laws +|
|Title/short||Russian Patriarch Again Supports Blasphemy Laws +|
|Topic||Charlie Hebdo/2015 shooting +, Russian Orthodox Church +, Charlie Hebdo/2015 shooting/agendas +, Patriarch Kirill + and Anti-blasphemy law +|
|When posted||5 February 2015 +|
This property is a special property in this wiki.