Filed articles published or broadcast by CNN:
 version 2
- 2010-02-04 [Talk|Index] The government has your baby's DNA § “Many parents don't realize their baby's DNA is being stored in a government lab... "We were appalled when we found out," says Brown, who's a registered nurse. "Why do they need to store my baby's DNA indefinitely? Something on there could affect her ability to get a job later on, or get health insurance."”
- 2009-09-18 [Talk|Index] Obama as witch doctor: Racist or satirical? § “Posters portraying President Obama as a witch doctor may be racist, organizers of Tea Party protests say, but they reflect anger about where he is leading the country.”
- 2009-06-29 [Talk|Index] 'Gayby boom': Children of gay couples speak out § “Jesse Levey is a Republican activist who says he believes in family values, small government and his lesbian mothers' right to marry.”
- 2009-05-14 [Talk|Index] What if global-warming fears are overblown? § “In a Fortune interview, noted climatologist John Christy contends the green crusade to fight climate change is "all cost and no benefit."”
- 2009-03-07 [Talk|Index] "Bipartisan DEFINED !" : RUSH LIMBAUGH : CPAC Convention 2009 § “To us, bipartisanship is them being forced to agree with us after we have politically cleaned their clocks and beaten them.”
- 2008-11-21 [Talk|Index] Obama expected to tap Geithner for Treasury § “President-elect Barack Obama is expected to nominate New York Federal Reserve President Timothy Geithner for Treasury Secretary.”
- 2008-11-04 [Talk|Index] Covering ACORN with a hatchet § A Catholic organization (CCHD) withdraws its support of ACORN; correspondent Drew Griffin apparently sees this as further proof of ACORN's corruption and Obama-bias, but doesn't get into details.
- 2008-06-05 [Talk|Index] Air Force officials ousted over nuclear gaffes § “ The top military and civilian leaders of the U.S. Air Force were forced out Thursday over the handling of nuclear weapons, the Defense Department secretary said. .. Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Michael Moseley .. and Secretary Michael Wynne have stepped down. ... over the department's concern over two incidents, including the August flight of a B-52 bomber that flew across the country with nuclear weapons. .. "Focus of the Air Force leadership has drifted" in terms of handling nuclear weapons and equipment, Defense Secretary Robert Gates said.” Commentary: Dana Hunter
- 2008-05-27 [Talk|Index] White House 'puzzled' by ex-spokesman's book bashing Bush § “The White House Wednesday said it was "puzzled" by a former spokesman's memoir in which he accuses the Bush administration of being mired in propaganda and political spin and at times playing loose with the truth.”
- 2008-05-15 [Talk|Index] Biden calls Bush comments 'bulls**t' § Speaking about George W. Bush's comments accusing Sen. Barack Obama and other Democrats of wanting to appease terrorists, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee Joe Biden said “He's the guy who's weakened us. He's the guy that's increased the number of terrorists in the world. His policies have produced this vulnerability the United States has. His intelligence community pointed that out not me. The NIE has pointed that out and what are you talking about, is he going to fire Condi Rice? Condi Rice has talked about the need to sit down. So his first two appeasers are Rice and Gates. I hope he comes home and does something.” A longer and uncensored account of Biden's comments is here. Note that most of the comments in that latter link are supportive of Bush while completely ignoring the substance of Biden's remarks.
- 2008-03-22 [Talk|Index] Americans on economy: This hurts § “"This economic downturn will be relatively mild according to the numbers," said Wachovia economist Mark Vitner. "But the pain and discomfort for the consumer will be the most severe since 1991, and possibly since 1981 to 1982."”
- 2006-08-15 [Talk|Index] Is Bush an "Idiot"? § “Is the President of the United States, George W. Bush, an idiot? Scarborough Country asks the forbidden question. They look at his inability to speak correctly, not at his inability to lead correctly, however. Of course the real question is, is the Republican Party full of idiots because they nominated the sucker, and continue to blindly follow his crap?” Host Joe Scarborough, a former Republican congressman, seems to be leaning towards "yes"; his two panelists debate the issue with some substance. The "con" side is basically "he's just inarticulate, not stupid"; the "pro" side raises the point: How can you tell, based on his actions? Also, is it sheer coincidence that Scarborough Country was canceled only a few months later?
- 2004-11-08 [Talk|Index] Paula Zahn Now § this report touches on a lot of issues, including gay marriage and Bob Kerrey's claim that the 9/11 Commission "took an oath" not to talk, during the 2004 US presidential race, about the issue of Bush ignoring pre-9/11 warnings. Jerry Falwell says "I believe the war in Iraq was as just a war as World War II with Adolf Hitler was." Reverend Pat Robertson "said that he warned the president that this was going to be a war we shouldn't enter, the there were going to be tremendous American casualties. He said the president didn't think there would be any casualties."