US Democratic Party
(Redirected from Democrat (US))
- tend to be hostile towards large or expensive engineering projects (e.g. nuclear power), while the Republicans tend to be hostile towards science
- tend to favor projects which improve sustainability on any level
- favors civil liberties, environmental conservation
Democrats are often criticized for:
- supporting gun control
- supporting wealth redistribution
- supporting the minimum wage and raises thereof
- "How the hell did Democrats become the party of puritan conservative values?" -- David Brin
- The Democratic Party official web site
- House Democrats: web site of Democrats in Congress
- Campaigns Wikia
 Filed Links
- 2014-07-04 [L..T] At Some Point, Progressives Need to Break Up With the Democratic Party "The Democratic Party espouses right-wing policies. Self-described progressives give them cash. Comedian Bill Maher gave them a million cash dollars, yet Democrats don't agree with him on anything. Why? Because he hates Republicans even more. Why didn't Maher save his money? Or better yet, fund a group or a writer or an artist who promotes ideas he actually agrees with? Because he, like tens of millions of other liberals, are stuck in the two-party trap."
- 2014-05-16 [L..T] Miami Will Be Underwater Before the Senate Acts on Climate Change "Miami will likely be underwater before the Senate can muster enough votes to meaningfully confront climate change. And probably Tampa and Charleston, too—two other cities that last week's National Climate Assessment placed at maximum risk from rising sea levels."
- 2014-04-11 [L..T] Dems run on, not from, the ACA "The conventional wisdom on the politics of health care is so widely accepted, it usually goes unchallenged. Democrats – especially vulnerable, red-state Democrats – will be desperate to avoid the Affordable Care Act this election year, eager to talk about anything but the health care law."
- 2014-03-31 [L..T] The Debate: Independence or Partisanship "Finally there is a much needed debate about the relationship that people who are working for progressive change should have with the Democratic Party. This is a debate that has existed at the edges, in email discussions and private conversations, but is now moving to center stage."
 version 2
- 2010-09-30 [Talk|Index] Political Animal § “Republicans will keep asking, "Where are the jobs?" and no one seems inclined to answer, "Your party got rid of them."”
- 2008-08-18 [Talk|Index] Democrats Must Nix Offensive Bloggers § “The writer then objects to some childrenâ€™s toys on the grounds that they are more offensive than desecrating the Eucharist. The toys are actually balloons that have been made to depict Jesus in various poses, including a crucified Christ; one of these images shows Jesus with a penis. Several who commented on this image made patently obscene comments.”
- 2006-09-21 [Talk|Index] Black GOP Groups Woo Mfume, Blast Democrats to Back Steele § “...radio advertisement targeting African American listeners that was sponsored by the Washington-based National Black Republican Association. The ad identifies Martin Luther King Jr. as a Republican and pins the founding of the Ku Klux Klan on Democrats. .. One woman says: "Democrats passed those black codes and Jim Crow laws. Democrats started the Ku Klux Klan." .. "The Klan?" her friend replies. "White hoods and sheets?" .. First woman: "Democrats fought all civil rights legislation from the 1860s to the 1960s. Democrats released those vicious dogs and fire hoses on blacks." .. Second woman: "Seriously?" .. The ad says that "Democrats want to keep us poor while voting ONLY Democrat" and, "Democrats have bamboozled blacks." .. In an interview yesterday, Steele said he had not heard the 60-second spot but said he generally does not oppose Republican efforts to assert their "real place in history." Today, though, his campaign released a statement blasting the ad.”