Right wing political views are a similarity cluster with many possible attributes, though there are a number of subspecies that are more sharply defined.
- distrust of "others" (people not of same religion or same geographic region; foreigners)
- favoring social stratification -- a need to know where "your place" is, and to keep others in theirs
- unwillingness to accept social change
- adherence to tradition and religion
- favoring the use of violence over peaceful, negotiated solutions
- /social: views social stratification or social inequality as either inevitable, natural, normal, or desirable
- /psychological: deference to authority (authoritarianism) as a primary trait
- In the United States, the right wing is essentially synonymous with conservatism and the Republican Party
- Wikipedia primarily uses the social definition
- Conservapedia "historically referred to a society run by natural law or tradition." ... "in favor of the traditional system of a society, including its traditional values and its traditional ruling institutions." ... " anyone who favors having marginally more economic than personal liberties."
- SourceWatch: page "under review" as of 2015-08-24, content temporarily on Talk page
- RationalWiki: redirects to "Conservative"