Neocon reality inversion
The neocon reality inversion is an apparent inversion of reality in effect around neoconservatives. Evidence for this effect can be found in statements by neoconservatives, or in support of neoconservative and right-wing causes, which contradict normal reality to a high degree of precision.
Although the cause of this effect remains unclear, it seems likely that it is done deliberately with the intent of muddying the facts to the point where the reader, in confusion, is forced to accept the writer's conclusion without further analysis or critical thinking.
It would also appear to be a manifestation of the mirror argument phenomenon.
In the neocon reality inversion, the following items are true:
- "Non-partisanship" means treating both sides of an argument as equally valid, even if they aren't (i.e. the fallacy of moderation)
- "Dissent" is treasonous and un-American
- The Democrats have abused their power
- George W. Bush has been maligned by people who hate him for no good reason (or because of their own power-based agendas)
- Conservatives are the ones who are compassionate and care about individuals, while Democrats are bloodsucking vampires
- Conservatives are cautious spenders who promote small government, while "tax-and-spend" liberals/Democrats will bankrupt the country (see US Presidential administration budgets for actual data)
- Standing up to Bush or other neoconservatives "hurts" the democrats (i.e. makes them less electable).
- Scientists fear intelligent design because it threatens their worldview, while creationists are ever-curious seekers of truth. 
- People who vote out of blind obedience to their group affiliation (political or religious) are "values voters", while people who choose leaders based on a comparison of each candidate's moral and ethical values (and the integrity of their adherence to those values) are apparently non-values voters.
- People who blindly adhere to the dictates of their group affiliation are "moral", while those who base their actions on a careful consideration of the ethics of a situation as applied to their personal moral beliefs are "immoral" and/or materialistic.
- 2009-01-07 [Talk|Index] President Bush Tried to Rein In Fan and Fred § Karl Rove writes: “Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were among the principal culprits of the housing crisis, and Mr. Bush wanted to rein them in before things got out of hand.”
- 2008-11-08 [Talk|Index] Robert Fisk: Obama has to pay for eight years of Bush's delusions § “That this nonsense was disseminated around the world by those tasked to defend the United States in the "war on terror" shows the fantasy environment in which the Bush regime has existed these past eight years.”
- 2008-11-02 [Talk|Index] Freedoms Will Be At Risk Under President Obama § “We have been clearly warned by [ Obama's ] running mate, Joe Biden, that America will suffer some form of attack within the first 6 months of Obamaâ€™s administration.”
- 2008-10-29 [Talk|Index] Dennis Prager: Equality â€˜Is A European Value, Not An American Valueâ€™ § Prager: “Equality, which is the primary value of the left, is a European value, not an American value.”
- 2008-10-22 [Talk|Index] Anger, Fear, and Racism Follow Palin Rally § John McCain supporters echo the theory that the US could be "taken over from within", i.e. the "Manchurian Candidate" scenario, but with Barack Obama in the title role.
- 2008-10-15 [Talk|Index] Palin's delusions worsen § “An independent investigation concluded that Palin violated state ethics, abused the powers of her office, and lied about it. .. It was odd, then, to hear Palin tell reporters on Saturday that she's "very very pleased to be cleared..."”
- 2008-07-07 [Talk|Index] Student Who Took Religious Icon Getting Death Threats § “Webster Cook says he smuggled a Eucharist, a small bread wafer that to Catholics symbolic of the Body of Christ after a priest blesses it, out of mass, didn't eat it as he was supposed to do, but instead walked with it. .. "...if anything were to qualify as a hate crime, to us this seems like this might be it."”
- 2008-07-04 [Talk|Index] Black Republican group uses MLK to promote itself § “The National Black Republican Association has paid for billboards showing an image of the civil rights leader and the words "Martin Luther King Jr. was REPUBLICAN." Told about the billboards, the Rev. Joseph Lowery let out a soft chuckle that grew stronger as he began to think more about the idea. .. "These guys never give up, do they?" said Lowery, who co-founded the Southern Christian Leadership Conference with King. "Lord have mercy."” A repeat of an NBRA stunt from 2006.
- 2008-06-18 [Talk|Index] Visiting The Old Country Buffoon § “The â€˜Obama gaffesâ€™ thing is a right-wing chant of the eternal shifting Now. Its meaning is that â€˜gaffesâ€™ are a bad thing as applied to John â€œGaffer Oâ€™Blabby McGaffalotâ€ McCain, but if you take out â€˜John McCainâ€™ and substitute â€˜Barack Obama,â€™ then. . .opposite! The idea, as with all of these chants of theirs, is to repeat it a lot, winkingly for awhile, until they forget that itâ€™s just something they made up to be saucy and pugnacious. Then it becomes true, and thus are worlds created through gradual accretion. It will become a fact through which other facts can be proved. ... Plus, â€˜gave money and housingâ€™ is the best-ever framing of putting someone in prison that has ever been attempted. Did you know that the Bush administration is giving money and housing to Khalid Sheikh Mohammed? ZOMG.”
- 2008-01-23 [Talk|Index] MSM tools spread Soros propaganda § “The right side of the blogosphere is all over the clueless media coverage of a new â€œstudyâ€ and database compiled by â€œtwo nonprofit journalism organizationsâ€ that purports to show that BUSH LIED to entice America into Iraq. You would think by now that the MSM would try to spare itself some embarrassment and at least do a cursory Google search before casting the researchers as neutral, reliable, disinterested parties. But noooo. They dutifully published these transparent moonbat briefs for impeachment without disclosing the â€œnonprofit journalism organizationsâ€™â€ ties to BDS sugar daddy George Soros.” Includes montage image of Soros as Dr. Evil.
- 2008-01-23 [Talk|Index] How to Lie About Lying § “Now, would any disinterested party read the above -- and not think the study authors were accusing President Bush and his administration of deliberately lying us into war? Surely this subtextual implication must have crept in because of bad writing; I can't imagine that the elite media would be so intentionally partisan.” See 2008-01-22 study of Bush Iraq lies for further discussion.
- 2008-01-23 [Talk|Index] AP Reports 'Bush Lied' Study Funded by Ultra-leftist George Soros § “Well, the AP has done it again. They have given us leftist propaganda and painted it as news.”
- 2006-09-21 [Talk|Index] Black GOP Groups Woo Mfume, Blast Democrats to Back Steele § “...radio advertisement targeting African American listeners that was sponsored by the Washington-based National Black Republican Association. The ad identifies Martin Luther King Jr. as a Republican and pins the founding of the Ku Klux Klan on Democrats. .. One woman says: "Democrats passed those black codes and Jim Crow laws. Democrats started the Ku Klux Klan." .. "The Klan?" her friend replies. "White hoods and sheets?" .. First woman: "Democrats fought all civil rights legislation from the 1860s to the 1960s. Democrats released those vicious dogs and fire hoses on blacks." .. Second woman: "Seriously?" .. The ad says that "Democrats want to keep us poor while voting ONLY Democrat" and, "Democrats have bamboozled blacks." .. In an interview yesterday, Steele said he had not heard the 60-second spot but said he generally does not oppose Republican efforts to assert their "real place in history." Today, though, his campaign released a statement blasting the ad.”
- 2005-08-31 [Talk|Index] Hannity blamed "anti-war left" for protest at soldier's funeral actually organized by anti-gay church § “On the August 30 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio show, Fox News host Sean Hannity falsely blamed "the anti-war left" for a protest at the August 28 funeral of Sgt. Jeremy Doyle of Indianapolis, who was killed while serving in Iraq. Hannity read excerpts of an article on the website of Indianapolis TV station WISH describing the protest, adding, "I guess this is just another example of how the anti-war left supports our brave troops." In fact, as The Indianapolis Star reported, the protesters were not anti-war liberals but, rather, members of Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) in Topeka, Kansas, who claim that the deaths of U.S. soldiers in Iraq are inflicted by God to punish the United States for its acceptance of gays and lesbians.”
- 2005-04-12 [Talk|Index] Soros Shadow Party Stalks DeLay § “On the day that Terri Schiavo died – victim of a court order condemning the brain-damaged woman to death by thirst and starvation – Representative Tom DeLay of Texas did what few politicians have the courage to do these days. He spoke his mind.”
- 2004-11-04 [Talk|Index] The Day the Enlightenment Went Out § “This election confirms the brilliance of Karl Rove as a political strategist. He calculated that the religious conservatives, if they could be turned out, would be the deciding factor. The success of the plan was registered not only in the presidential results but also in all 11 of the state votes to ban same-sex marriage. Mr. Rove understands what surveys have shown, that many more Americans believe in the Virgin Birth than in Darwin's theory of evolution.”