Osama bin Laden
|from 2001-09-28 UM:|
I have already said that I am not involved in the 11 September attacks in the United States. As a Muslim, I try my best to avoid telling a lie. I had no knowledge of these attacks, nor do I consider the killing of innocent women, children and other humans as an appreciable act. Islam strictly forbids causing harm to innocent women, children and other people. Such a practice is forbidden even in the course of a battle.
- 2011-05-10 [Talk|Index] From Chomsky to bin Laden § “In 1946 a self-confident West had no trouble demanding that Martin Heidegger be banned. Ideas, it was understood, had consequences. Today nobody would dream of banning Mr. Chomsky from anything. Yet ideas have consequences even today.”
- 2011-05-07 [Talk|Index] My Reaction to Osama bin Laden's Death § “We might ask ourselves how we would be reacting if Iraqi commandos landed at George W. Bush's compound, assassinated him, and dumped his body in the Atlantic.”
- 2009-07-31 [Talk|Index] Bombshell: Bin Laden worked for US till 9/11 § Sibel Edmonds says that the US maintained 'intimate relations' with Bin Laden and the Taliban "all the way until that day of September 11."
- 2008-10-06 [Talk|Index] Delta Force officer: US officials stopped plans to kill bin Laden § Delta Force's top two plans to capture Osama bin Laden not long after 9/11 were both shot down – a conspicuously rare occurrence.
- 2008-07-23 [Talk|Index] Bin Laden happy with September 11 toll, war court told § “Osama bin Laden's driver overheard the al Qaeda leader saying he was happy about the death toll in the September 11 attacks and thought the hijacked plane that crashed in Pennsylvania was shot down, according to one of the driver's interrogators.”
- 2008-07-02 [Talk|Index] Mission actually accomplished § Article quotes a 2001 article (New York Times) in which it is stated that Osama bin Laden wants the price of oil to hit $144 per barrel (about six times the then-current price) – and then goes on to point out that this has in fact happened.
- 2001-12-26 [Talk|Index] Report: Bin Laden Already Dead § “Usama bin Laden has died a peaceful death due to an untreated lung complication, the Pakistan Observer reported, citing a Taliban leader who allegedly attended the funeral of the Al Qaeda leader.”
- 2001-10-14 [Talk|Index] Fears, Again, of Oil Supplies at Risk § “"If bin Laden takes over and becomes king of Saudi Arabia, he'd turn off the tap," said Roger Diwan, a managing director of the Petroleum Finance Company, a consulting firm in Washington. "He said at one point that he wants oil to be $144 a barrel" -- about six times what it sells for now.”
- 2001-08-06 [Talk|Index] Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US § “Clandestine, foreign government, and media reports indicate Bin Ladin since 1997 has wanted to conduct terrorist attacks in the US. Bin Ladin implied in US television interviews in 1997 and 1998 that his followers would follow the example of World Trade Center bomber Ramzi Yousef and "bring the fighting to America".”
to be filed
- 2001-09-28 UM Usama bin Laden Says the Al-Qa'idah Group had Nothing to Do with the 11 September Attacks, Interview published in newspaper Ummat, Karachi
- 2000-08-15 The Many Portraits of Osama bin Laden, Time magazine (date is a guess from URL cues)