2011/12/Do Europe's Minimum Income Schemes Provide Adequate Shelter
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- when: 2011/12
- author: Sarah Marchal Ive Marx Natascha Van Mechelen
- source: Institute for the Study of Labor
- topics: income/ubiquitous Europe 2008 worldwide recession social safety net
- link: http://ftp.iza.org/dp6264.pdf
- title: Do Europe's Minimum Income Schemes Provide Adequate Shelter against the Economic Crisis and How, If at All, Have Governments Responded?
- summary: "The present economic crisis comes against the background of decades of policy changes that have generally weakened the capacity of social safety nets to offer citizens with adequate resources for financial survival when labour markets fail to do so. Building on data for 24 European Union countries, this paper asks whether EU governments implemented additional measures during the first phase of the crisis to improve safety nets."