2017-08-27 Berkeley protest
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 16:37 Mother Jones What the Media Got Wrong About Last Weekend's Protests in Berkeley
- 16:35 SF Gate Blasted from all sides, Berkeley police get mostly kudos from community
- 05:00 LA Times 'Antifa' violence in Berkeley spurs soul-searching within leftist activist community "These 100 or so militants billed themselves as a security force for progressive counter-protesters, vowing to protect them from far-right agitators. [..] But as the protest got underway, some of those in masks would resort to mob violence, attacking a small showing of supporters of President Trump and others they accused, sometimes inaccurately, of being white supremacists or Nazis."
- 04:00 LA Times Violent demonstrators in Berkeley are thugs, not activists (house editorial): "There can be no justification for the violence perpetrated on Sunday by a group of leftist protesters who attacked supporters of President Trump and others Sunday during an otherwise peaceful "rally against hate" in Berkeley."
- 20:48 SF Gate Lessons learned from Sunday's clash of protesters in Berkeley "Yet, police stepped aside and allowed anarchists to bypass barriers to get into the park. Soon mobs chased and beat right-wing demonstrators who had arrived expecting to attend a conservative rally."
- 18:15 I was at the #Berkeleyprotest yesterday. I got my PhD at Berkeley, and I'm a media and movements scholar. I need to say a few things. (short tweetstorm follows)
- 13:21 CBS/SFBerkeley Counter-Demonstration Organizers Defend Antifa
- 03:25 CBS/SF Berkeley Police Identify 13 Arrested In Protest Violence: at least one of these, Harlan Pankau, was definitely not antifa. (The full list: Brittany Mooreman, Emily Gillespie, Harlan Paknau (sic), James Dominic, Joshua Phillips, Kristopher Wyrick (see also), Levi Smith, Rachael Lea Moore, Sean Hines, Seth Vasquez, Yesenia Mendez) Better photos are here.
- WaPo Black-clad antifa members attack peaceful right-wing demonstrators in Berkeley