Difference between revisions of "Build Back Better Plan"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Latest revision as of 23:00, 12 October 2021
Here are the items which would likely be cut if the full package is not approved (from MoveOn):
- Expanded pre-K, which would give all kids, no matter their race or financial status, the best start to their education.
- Medicaid coverage of dental, vision, and hearing – filling a critical gap that disproportionately impacts low-income communities.
- Free community college – which would give millions of students in underserved communities the chance to access higher education and find good-paying jobs for their futures.
- Lowered drug costs by allowing Medicare to negotiate lower prices – a change that could finally stop profit-driven drug companies from price gouging consumers on lifesaving medications like insulin.
- Paid family leave for new parents and those caring for sick relatives – a program which would finally end the United States' shameful position as one of only three nations not to provide such a service.
- Child tax credits – a transformative policy that would immediately lift millions of children in the United States out of poverty.
- Increased clean energy to solve the climate crisis – a critical step toward tackling the existential crisis of our lifetime.