The Bush II administration claims to be pro-science, and often makes gestures to that effect, but they are in fact acting on a deeply anti-scientific agenda – of which evangelism is just a facet (and even that facet is more of a tool towards political ends than it is part of a set of actual beliefs by anyone in the administration).
This contradictory stance is also part of a consistent pattern of hypocrisy within the administration.
News & Views
- 2007-07-10 2007-07-10 White House Is Accused of Putting Politics Over Science: "Former Surgeon General Richard H. Carmona told a Congressional committee today that top officials in the Bush administration repeatedly tried to weaken or suppress important public health reports because of political considerations."
- 2007-03-23 Faking science? Bush team must think we're stupid by Leonard Pitts, Jr.: names several examples of prior offenses
- 2006-11-28 How Old Is the Grand Canyon? Park Service Won't Say: "Orders to Cater to Creationists Makes National Park Agnostic on Geology"
- 2005-06-21 The Assault on Scientific Freedom
- "It is unambiguous that the GOP Congress cuts funding for the National Science Foundation and NOAA even while calling for "more research" on global climate change."