The Bush dynasty is an American family whose members have been prominent in both politics and business. They have close ties to the Carlyle Group and the Saudi royal family.
- Prescott Bush
- George H.W. Bush, 41st president of the United States
- George W. Bush, 43rd president of the United States
- Jeb Bush, Governor of Florida
- Marvin Bush
The word "dynasty" is used somewhat metaphorically in this case, to distinguish "the Bush family which has included several political and business leaders" from the many other families of the surname Bush. It should be noted, however, that during his time as US president, family scion George W. Bush made serious strides towards converting the office of president into something more resembling that of a monarch or dictator, thus giving more substance to a literal interpretation of the phrase "Bush dynasty".
Within this page, the phrase "Bush family" may be used instead of "...dynasty", as the meaning is clear in context.
- 2001-10-01 Republican-controlled Carlyle Group poses serious Ethical Questions for Bush Presidents, but Baltimore Sun ignores it (article date is a reconstruction from various clues)
- 200?-??-?? A coup d'etat for Big Oil