Jump to navigation Jump to search
...are any kind of ideological/memetic conflict wherein a particular idea (meme) is under attack, such that the conflict can be described as a "war on" the idea in question.
This is distinct from armed conflicts, i.e. "shooting wars" (whether legally declared or not).
To Be Written
- neoconservative projects:
- the war on science
- the war on competence (a Bush II administration house special)
- The fervor of religion-based anti-gay fervor might be termed a war on homosexuality (move the actively belligerent stuff from religion vs. homosexuality)
- the war on rationality – cf. Al Gore's The Assault on Reason
- the war on drugs, which only made things worse and may have served primarily as a funding vehicle for secret projects
Pages in category "Wars on"
The following 11 pages are in this category, out of 11 total.