Catholicism is officially (and by definition) governed by the Catholic Church.
- The Catholic League (US): a non-profit organization which advocates for "the right of Catholics... to participate in American public life without defamation or discrimination."
- The Confraternity of Catholic Clergy: an association of Catholic priests and deacons in the United States which advocates specific political positions
- 2009-10-19 The Catholic church is a force for good in the world: the answer was overwhelmingly "no"
SourceWatch: no equivalent page (as of 2008-07-30); see search
- AllAboutReligion: Roman Catholic Church Catholic Priests
- Catholic Encyclopedia "proposes to give its readers full and authoritative information on the entire cycle of Catholic interests, action and doctrine"
- 2009-10-19 [Talk|Index] America's secular saboteurs § “Yesterday's radicals wanted to tear down the economic structure of capitalism and replace it with socialism, and eventually communism. Today's radicals are intellectually spent: they want to annihilate American culture, having absolutely nothing to put in its place.”
- 2009-09-01 [Talk|Index] "Hooking Up" at College: Does Religion Make a Difference? § “Catholic college women are more likely to have "hooked up" while at school than college women with no religious affiliation. ... women who attend colleges and universities with a Catholic affiliation are more likely to have hooked up while at school than women who attend academic institutions with no religious affiliation...”
- 2008-07-24 [Talk|Index] The Great Desecration § “I wonder how many of our Catholic friends have heard of the Fourth Lateran Council of 1215? This is the event where many of their important dogmas were codified, including the ideas of Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus, that the Eucharist was the sacrament that only properly ordained priests of the Catholic church could give, and that the Jews were a pariah people, who could hold no public office, had to pay a special Jew tax for their right to exist, and were required to wear special clothing to distinguish them from Christians.”
- 2008-07-08 [Talk|Index] IT'S A FRACKIN' CRACKER! § “Wait, what? Holding a cracker hostage is now a hate crime? The murder of Matthew Shephard was a hate crime. The murder of James Byrd Jr. was a hate crime. This is a goddamned cracker. Can you possibly diminish the abuse of real human beings any further?”
- 2008-07-07 [Talk|Index] Student Who Took Religious Icon Getting Death Threats § “Webster Cook says he smuggled a Eucharist, a small bread wafer that to Catholics symbolic of the Body of Christ after a priest blesses it, out of mass, didn't eat it as he was supposed to do, but instead walked with it. .. "...if anything were to qualify as a hate crime, to us this seems like this might be it."”
- 2008-05-18 [Talk|Index] Doug Kmiec on 'The Politics of Apostasy' § “Having been drawn to Senator Obama's remarkable "love thy neighbor" style of campaigning, his express aim to transcend partisan divide, and specifically, his appreciation for faith ("secularists are wrong when they ask believers to leave their religion at the door before entering into the public square"), I did not expect to be clobbered by co-religionists.”
- 2008-03-07 [Talk|Index] Study Finds Lower Math Scores in Catholic Schools § “Children in Roman Catholic schools make no more progress in reading in the early grades than similar students in public schools, and make even less progress in math, a new study finds.”
- 2006-08-23 [Talk|Index] List of Hitler quotes — he was quite the vocal Catholic § “Douglas Theobald passed along an interesting collection of quotes from that atheist evolutionist, Adolph Hitler. It's particularly interesting the he outlawed atheist and freethought groups in 1933.”
- 2006-06 [Talk|Index] Catholicism and Eugenics in the Weimar Republic and in the Third Reich : Between a Reform in Morality and Racial Hygiene § “It may come as a surprise to many that even today the Catholic Church is not opposed to eugenics per se, but only to contraception and abortion, as well as to Neo-Malthusianism, which is closely intertwined with eugenic thinking.”