Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a religious organization founded in New York State (United States) in 1830. Its members are known throught the world as Mormons. Its headquarters today is in Salt Lake City, Utah, where the Church has had significant influence since Mormons founded it in 1847 after gathering first in the Western Reserve area of Ohio in the 1830's, in western Missouri during the same timeframe, and in Illinois in the 1840's.
- official website
- another official website apparently geared more towards those outside the LDS
- Wikipedia: |The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints|Mormonism|
- The Family: A Proclamation to the World: The LDS position on the definition of family and marriage
- Came2Pass: "News For Mormons, By Mormons"
- Deconstructor: Rethinking Mormonism: site with many criticisms to offer, though not entirely unsympathetic
- Mormon Truth!!: anti-Mormon blog written by former Mormon
- Holy Bible
- The Book of Mormon
- Pearl of Great Price
- Doctrine and Covenants
The Mormons believe that the canon can occasionally be added to, hence the term "open scriptural canon". Most branches of Christianity do not accept this practice, believing that canon must remain fixed.