Church of Scientology
There have been repeated and increasing allegations by many, including former CoS members as well as those not affiliated with the church, that CoS uses highly unethical attack strategies against those who criticize it.
The CoS's Fair Game policy confirms that this is indeed their strategy for dealing with those they deem to be in a "Condition of Enemy": "ENEMY — SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed." (see Wikipedia for source) The CoS claims that this policy was revoked, but it is not at all clear that this is the case, and their continuing actions seem to belie their words.
In 2008, there were worldwide protests against the CoS.
Scientology is a dangerous, and brainwashing cult - and they would do anything to have you, and your loved ones believe otherwise. Scientology has already been declared an illegal organization within the Nation of Germany - a practice that should have been adopted by the rest of the world a long time ago. Read about the dangers of the deadly, greedy cult of Scientology at http://www.whyaretheydead.net , http://www.xenu.net , http://www.lisamcpherson.org , and http://www.funky-bunch.blogspot.com
Is it Scientology that has been declared illegal in Germany, or the Church? Scientology per se isn't an organization but a set of beliefs (arguably a religion), but CoS is certainly an organization... (The links should be added to the #Links section, either here or on Scientology, depending on how they apply -- probably CoS.) --Woozle 16:12, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
- Keith Henson [W] is an outspoken critic of Scientology; the Church has repeatedly declared that Henson is a criminal and a terrorist, and successfully sued him for copyright infringement due to his publishing two pages of a Church manual in an internet newsgroup.
Conservapedia: no equivalent page (as of 2008-03-02) dKosopedia: no equivalent page (as of 2008-03-02)
- 2014-12-22 [L..T] The Scientology Christmas Catalog Is Totally Insane "Thankfully, the Church of Scientology has compiled this handy catalog of L. Ron-approved holiday merchandise." -- including many items that cost more that most people make in a month while still being basically worthless.
- Operation Clambake: "Undressing the Church of Scientology"
- Judicial statements regarding the Nature of Scientology (from context, it seems pretty clear that most or all of the statements are actually about the CoS and not the philosophy of Scientology itself)
- Keith Henson news: the ongoing legal battle between Keith Henson and Scientology
- server not responding as of 2008-05-25
- A Piece of Blue Sky: Scientology, Dianetics, and L. Ron Hubbard exposed by Jon Atack (site has full text online)
- 2008-07-06 Scientology stops disabled woman from walking home "July 5th 2008 was the premier of the OT Celebration and Freewinds Maiden Voyage in Los Angeles, CA. Scientology was scared that Anonymous would show up and spread truth to its members; their only defense would be to abuse the city's permits dept and block off a ridiculous amount of space, restricting access to a residential neighborhood as well as a HOSPITAL. In doing so they attempt to stop a 61 year old disabled woman in a walker from using the sidewalk to go home. Unfortunately for them she has balls of steel and tells them exactly where they can stuff it."
- 2008-01-22 ANONYMOUS / SCIENTOLOGY : PROJECT CHANOLOGY: why Tom Cruise wants psychiatry outlawed
- 2008-01-21 Message to Scientology (alt): a group calling itself "Anonymous" declares war on Scientology