[http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new77.html half asian models ] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/avguard-antivirus.html cyberscrub antivirus review ] [http://s1.shard.jp/olharder/autosurf-site.html auto loans low interest ] [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new168.html asian call girls london ] [http://s1.shard.jp/losaul/wholesale-australian.html australian painted lady ] [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new83.html anastasia left outside alone mp3 ] little tykes toys western australia [http://s1.shard.jp/frhorton/xy928lwhl.html south african design schools ] [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new110.html asian model petite ] bruce wilkinson dream for africa index [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/antivirus-software.html mcafee free antivirus downloads ] [http://s1.shard.jp/olharder/auto-car-guys.html automobile repair phoenix ] antivirus services [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new99.html teaching english in asian ] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/ winantiviruspro review ] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/symantec-antivirus.html portable antivirus software ] [http://s1.shard.jp/frhorton/yoc3js17e.html africa information news travel ] [http://s1.shard.jp/olharder/auto-benz-dealer.html auto coupon maaco painting ] [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new171.html asian shops in leicester ] [http://s1.shard.jp/olharder/autopilots-for.html grand theft auto san adreas cheat codes ] [http://s1.shard.jp/losaul/helicopters-australia.html laptops cheap australia ] [http://s1.shard.jp/olharder/baltimore-auto.html automobilia7 ] antivirus check online [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new79.html asia weather maps ] sonicwall complete antivirus [http://s1.shard.jp/losaul/compare-flights.html spinning mills australia ] [http://s1.shard.jp/frhorton/u91w9mfua.html south africa imports and exports ] index [http://s1.shard.jp/olharder/grand-theft-auto.html auto gmac loan payoff ] [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new15.html totts asian diner tempe ] shield 2005 pro antivirus northon antivirus update [http://s1.shard.jp/olharder/stltodaycom.html accessory accessory accessory autoanything.automarketsol.com.au car truck truck ] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/antivirus-software.html panda antivirus scan online ] [http://s1.shard.jp/olharder/auto-panel-plus.html auto trader classic car trader ] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/map.html manually uninstall mcafee antivirus ] url [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/alarm-zone-antivirus.html nortons antivirus crack ] [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new36.html southern asia tsunami map ] [http://s1.shard.jp/bireba/symantec-antivirus.html abg antivirus free download ] [http://s1.shard.jp/losaul/tents-australia.html australian inventory of chemical substance ] [http://s1.shard.jp/olharder/auto-automotriz.html suburban auto group michigan ] [http://s1.shard.jp/losaul/jamsteraustraliaautomarketsolcomau.html insanity music australia ] [http://s1.shard.jp/losaul/microbiology.html how to obtain a visa for australia ] [http://s1.shard.jp/frhorton/z7u5veip8.html african dance music south ] peacekeeping in africa webmap [http://s1.shard.jp/galeach/new174.html photos of tsunami in asia ] links
- Also known as: birth control, reproductive choice
Contraception is an issue because of (on the one side) the significant number of (mainly religious) groups who seem out to restrict or prevent it, and (on the other side) the bad effects of not using it when needed.
Many groups apparently are both against abortion and against contraception or even sex education, usually favoring a policy of promoting abstinence until marriage. This is highly irrational and irresponsible, as it essentially "wishes away" a number of realities:
- the reality that teenagers and young adults will be interested in sex whether or not they are educated about it (humanity was around long before sex education)
- the reality of the large number of unwanted births which would result if "pro-life", anti-contraception, and "abstinence-based education"/anti-sex-education policies were enacted in any combination, in the absence of a significant and widespread cultural change or some as-yet-unknown but more acceptable means of contraception
- the reality that in any case, a large portion of people do not wish for such a culture change, and would not abide by it
- the reality that many married people do not wish to reproduce every time they have sex while fertile
If these groups are aiming to prevent unwanted conception solely by somehow significantly changing our culture so that most people only have sex when procreation is desired, they do not seem to be putting their efforts in that direction; if anything, they seem to want to maximize procreation at any cost.
(last major edit: Woozle)
- The Emergency Contraception site at princeton.edu
- Media Matters: media items related to reproductive choice
- Contraception is a reproductive issue. Some (generally anti-contraception) groups seek to make it a sexuality issue by stating or implying that sexual abstinence is the only acceptable form of birth control.
- Many groups, especially certain religious organizations, are against the use of contraceptives to varying degrees.
- The War on Sex by Cristina Page on TomPaine.com
- Claims that all pro-life groups in the United States are also against contraception – is this true?
- Claims that anti-choice groups are claiming that many contraceptives (including the birth control pill, the patch, the IUD, and the Depo-Provera shot) are actually abortifacients, i.e. that they induce abortions – is it true that they are claiming this?
- Will we choke on the pill? blog entry by Jill Stanek: a pro-life Biblically-based argument against contraception, with much discussion (on both sides) afterwards
- commentary by PZ Myers at Pharyngula
- The War on Sex by Cristina Page on TomPaine.com
- 2006-05-25 That great and arbitrary abortionist in the sky by PZ Myers (Pharyngula)