Difference between revisions of "Election/2016/US/president"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 14:36, 22 September 2021
- Democrats: Hillary Clinton won over Bernie Sanders, amid allegations of collusion between Hillary and the Dems to keep Bernie out
- Republicans: Out of a huge field of contenders, all quickly melted away except Donald Trump, surprising many people who hadn't taken him seriously because of how awful he is
- Main: Trump, despite losing the popular vote by many millions, won the electoral vote, leading to the Trump-Pence administration.
- 2016-03-01 [L..T] Get Ready to Say President Trump Unless something changes dramatically between now and November, Donald Trump will be the next president.
- 2015-04-12 [L..T] Hillary Clinton: I'm running for president "Hillary Clinton announced on Sunday that she was running for president of the United States, promising to be a champion of middle-class Americans if she made it to the White House as the country’s first female commander in chief."
- 2015-04-07 [L..T] Rand Paul declares presidential bid "It’s official: "Libertarian Conservative" Senator Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) says he'll be running for president of the United States in 2016. [..] Paul, 52, announced Tuesday morning that he'll indeed be pursuing the Republican Party's nomination for president ahead of next year’s election.
- 2015-03-23 [L..T] Students upset they had to attend Ted Cruz's Liberty University event or face a fine "While Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) received a very warm welcome from most of the 10,000 Liberty University students present at his presidential campaign kickoff, not all were happy that they had to attend the event or face a fine."
- 2015-01-30 [L..T] Rush Limbaugh lays down the law for Republican candidates "Not long ago, Mitt Romney seemed to be indicating that he was thinking about running for President. Shortly after that, he indicated that he thought Anthropogenic Global Warming was for real and important. Then Rush said..."
- 2017-06-13 The Hard Truth Keeps Trickling Out, Little by Little (via) "It increasingly looks like Russian hackers may have affected actual vote totals."
- 2017-04-13 The Government Just Admitted Voting Machine Issues in 5 Trump Swing States in 2016 (via)
- 2017-04-10 Spain arrests Russian citizen for connections to US election hack (via)
- 2017-01-06 Democrats to challenge Trump's Electoral College victory
- 2016-12-22 Why Did Planned Parenthood Supporters Vote Trump? A series of maddening focus groups suggest Clinton made it easier for voters to reconcile themselves to Trump.
- 2016-12-13 Why Obamacare enrollees voted for Trump
- 2016-11-22 Education, Not Income, Predicted Who Would Vote For Trump by Nate Silver (via)