Welcome to the Google+ exiles kiosk (aka Nymwars Refugee Base), a page for coordinating connections with and between those who have left or are planning to leave G+ (voluntarily or otherwise; closing account or just not using the site; etc.). Those who are still on G+ are also welcome to use this as a way of staying connected with those who have left.
How You Can Help
- Give this URL -- http://issuepedia.org/Google%2B/exiles -- to anyone who has been booted off G+, or is planning to leave
- If you are on G+, bookmark this page in case your G+ account is suspended unexpectedly
- If you know of any other meeting places for "Nymmers" (exiles, 'nym supporters, etc.) or any discussions of alternative social networks (especially distributed designs), please post them here (or send them to me).
- If you have URLs for public blogs of anyone who has left G+ over the Nym issue, please post them here (or send them to me).
Ways to Communicate
- You can register on Issuepedia and post on this page's discussion page, which is a threaded forum.
- You can contact me directly, and I can repost information here.
- As we accumulate links to off-G+ venues (individual blogs, alternate social networks etc.), you can use those venues to contact people directly.
- The Nymmers Social Network on status.net, which is still in beta, welcomes pseudonyms. Status.net is open source and may have the potential to be adapted into a distributed social network; see below. For now, though, it's mainly a quick way to have a network that isn't name-restrictive while we work out a longer-term solution.
As a result of the naming policy debacle (aka Nymwars), there has been a surge of interest in creating a distributed social network. Woozle is working on some ideas (see htyp:FeedFerret) and there is also a group in Cambridge MA that has met over this issue (I don't know if there has been any subsequent progress).