InstaGov is the working name for a possible solution to the problem of government, and more specifically as a solution to the flaws which have become apparent in the American system of government due to their carefully-targeted exploitation by the Bush II administration. It can be thought of as "government for anti-authoritarians", utilizing the power of cooperative action. It can work either as a supplement to an existing system of government or theoretically as a replacement, though a great deal more real-world testing will be needed first.
It is also the name of the software to be written for implementing the idea. The software will be open source and freely available.
- /introduction (draft) — read this first
- cooperative action: one of the major tools which can be harnessed without needing any special/official authority
Earlier versions of the idea (and different angles on the problem):
- citizen government: a solution without a method
- backup government: earlier incarnation of that idea
- Talk:2007-05-31 Repudiation, Not Impeachment: essay discussing some relevant ideas
- User:Woozle/United Members of Civilization: another early incarnation
- internet governance: using the internet as a tool for running a government
- Issuepedia:Dispute Resolution Technology
- I have obtained the domain name instagov.com, mainly for the purpose of securing the name "InstaGov" for this project; I picture this as another gateway into Issuepedia but with the emphasis on InstaGov's functions. (Issuepedia's front page should probably be reworked as well, when this happens.)
- Software design details are being posted at HTYP.