Jump to navigation Jump to search
The internet is both a powerful tool and, increasingly, both the subject of a number of issues and a battleground upon which those issues are fought over.
- Internet neutrality relates to whether or not it should be legal for owners of internet infrastructure to favor transmission of certain content
- Internet radio has become an issue in that new rules in the United States seem to be unfairly penalizing internet radio stations as part of an overall media consolidation effort aimed at eliminating independent media and thereby suppressing dissent
- The Internet Community Ports Act would have been a really bad idea, but fortunately I don't think it went anywhere.
- Al Gore did not claim to have invented the internet, although he did play a key role in funding early expansion of the backbone.
- More recently, the internet is emerging as a powerful new accountability arena – or, more precisely, as the host for a growing number of accountability arenas, in the form of web sites and other services – whose potential is only slowly being realized as new software is written and as more people become familiar with its use.
- 2007-06-08 The internet is destroying the world as we know it by A.N. Wilson, The Daily Mail (UK)