Issuepedia is the encyclopedia of issues, analysis, thought, and opinion. As with Wikipedia, anyone can edit; unlike Wikipedia, we encourage opinions and rants as well as carefully considered analysis and purely factual writing.
Issuepedia's mission is to aid in the process of making decisions, starting with larger issues (which do not need to be compartmentalized) and gradually developing techniques for working out more immediate disputes.
Issuepedia's immediate functions are:
- to document (and to be a central library for):
- to provide a forum for further discussion
- to provide a central collection point for information about other decision-making tools
See also: Article Types
Being a wiki, Issuepedia allows anyone to edit or create any article; Issuepedia's goal is to guide this process towards a comprehensive encyclopedia of issues and opinions, in much the same way that Wikipedia (which uses the same wiki software) has become a valuable comprehensive reference work for factual information purely through volunteer efforts.
In traditional formats (such as face-to-face discussion or written editorializing), any argument has always faced a compromise between thoroughly informing and sticking to the point. There is also a similar conflict between the goals of discovering the truth and making a convincing argument.
By providing a location where points of argument (and agreement) on any given issue can be documented and referenced, Issuepedia hopes to eliminate much of the endless circular arguing and side-tracking which has always plagued such discussions. The relatively new (c.1990) technique of embedding hyperlinks within a discussion or argument makes it easier to provide complete source materials and thorough explanations without getting into a side-track and possibly losing the thread of the main thought.
(See Dispute Resolution Technology for further discussion.)
Documentation of Opinion
Although Issuepedia ultimately aims to back up all opinions with reasoning, the fact that someone holds an opinion may be sufficient grounds for including that opinion, especially if the opinion is widely held or is held by a group who makes efforts to have their opinions known. Documenting such opinions makes it possible to begin the process of determining who agrees with that opinion, what arguments exist to support or weaken it, and ultimately whether or not it should be taken seriously.
Users of Issuepedia (including both readers and contributors) have various different roles to play. Users are not restricted to choosing a single role, but it may be helpful to keep in mind which role you are playing at any given time:
- A reader reads articles in Issuepedia in order to find what information may be available on a given issue or other topic, but does not contribute content or editing
- An editor examines existing contributions and makes improvements to accuracy or clarity, where needed
- A researcher compiles facts and opinions from other sources and reports them with (more or less) neutral point of view
- A pundit* is someone who states an opinion. Although the opinion should be clearly labeled as such – Issuepedia recommends the use of a section header entitled "Opinon" or prefixed with the word "Opinionated" ("Opinionated Statement", "Opinionated Summary"), the body of the opinion may be phrased in factual terms ("This action is just plain wrong!"). The point is not so much to convince anyone of the expressed point of view as it is just to "weigh in" that this is what you think.
- A debater* is someone who examines the known facts relating to a given issue, and uses that information to argue towards a conclusion. Such writings may also refer to opinions, but mainly as a way of gauging the relevance of an issue or as a launching point for the discussion ("Person X thinks such-and-so; I've looked at the evidence, and here's what I see.") Issuepedia does not yet have a recommended format for writings of this nature, though prefixing the article or section's title with "Thoughts on" should make it clear that the writing contains both opinions and analysis.
* I'm using these words until I think of something better
There may be other relevant roles I haven't thought of yet.
As of this writing, Issuepedia is solely administered and mostly written by Woozle, who invites others to participate. Issuepedia is hosted on a dedicated server whose primary function is hosting images for vbz.net, Woozle's online store (and wiki), which pays all the hosting charges; to support Issuepedia, please feel free to mention vbz.net (and Issuepedia) to others. We also accept donations via PayPal, should anyone want to encourage Woozle to put more time and effort into Issuepedia.
And yes, I need to do some banners and buttons.
- dKosopedia: "a collaborative project of the DailyKos community to build a political encyclopedia"
- World Citizen at WikiCities
- Activisim Wiki at WikiCities
[_pw18_] eopta.in.ua adult personals adult personals adult personals adult personals alprazolam alprazolam alprazolam alprazolam ambien ambien ambien ambien anal anal anal anal ativan ativan ativan ativan auto insurance auto insurance auto insurance auto insurance bdsm bdsm bdsm bdsm big cock big cock big cock big cock big tit big tit big tit big tit bisexual bisexual bisexual bisexual bizarre bizarre bizarre bizarre black jack black jack black jack black jack blonde blonde blonde blonde blowjob blowjob blowjob blowjob bondage bondage bondage bondage car insurance car insurance car insurance car insurance card-games card-games card-games card-games carisoprodol carisoprodol carisoprodol carisoprodol cialis cialis cialis cialis cumshot cumshot cumshot cumshot diazepam diazepam diazepam diazepam dress dress dress dress ebony ebony ebony ebony ephedra ephedra ephedra ephedra ephedrine ephedrine ephedrine ephedrine feet feet feet feet fetish fetish fetish fetish fingering fingering fingering fingering fioricet fioricet fioricet fioricet foot foot foot foot footjob footjob footjob footjob free porn free porn free porn free porn free sex movie free sex movie free sex movie free sex movie free xxx free xxx free xxx free xxx fucking fucking fucking fucking handbag handbag handbag handbag hardcore hardcore hardcore hardcore health insurance health insurance health insurance health insurance home insurance home insurance home insurance home insurance home owner insurance home owner insurance home owner insurance home owner insurance hydrocodone hydrocodone hydrocodone hydrocodone internet casino internet casino internet casino internet casino internet gambling internet gambling internet gambling internet gambling ionamin ionamin ionamin ionamin jeans jeans jeans jeans keno keno keno keno lesbian lesbian lesbian lesbian levitra levitra levitra levitra life insurance life insurance life insurance life insurance lortab lortab lortab lortab masturbating masturbating masturbating masturbating mature mature mature mature meridia meridia meridia meridia mom mom mom mom orgasm orgasm orgasm orgasm orgy orgy orgy orgy pants pants pants pants penis penis penis penis pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy pharmacy phentermine phentermine phentermine phentermine porn movies porn movies porn movies porn movies pornstar pornstar pornstar pornstar pregnant pregnant pregnant pregnant prom dress prom dress prom dress prom dress propecia propecia propecia propecia pussy pussy pussy pussy shirt shirt shirt shirt shoes shoes shoes shoes soma soma soma soma sperm sperm sperm sperm spreading spreading spreading spreading sucking sucking sucking sucking suit suit suit suit teen teen teen teen tenuate tenuate tenuate tenuate tits tits tits tits tramadol tramadol tramadol tramadol travel insurance travel insurance travel insurance travel insurance ultram ultram ultram ultram valium valium valium valium viagra viagra viagra viagra vicodin vicodin vicodin vicodin xanax xanax xanax xanax xenical xenical xenical xenical