The Prediction Registry is a central repository for tracking data regarding predictions and the people who made them. This is helpful because without a firm record, it's very easy to misremember predictions, and to forget incorrect ones.
Please read About the Prediction Registry for guidelines, purpose, related information, etc.
- Singularity Timetable predicts a Technological Singularity to happen in 2012:
- 2006 -- True AI
- 2007 -- AI Landrush
- 2009 -- Human-Level AI
- 2011 -- Cybernetic Economy
- 2012 -- Superintelligent AI
- 2012 -- Joint Stewardship of Earth
- 2012 -- Technological Singularity
- Wikipedia: Prediction market
- The Foresight Exchange Prediction Market: "Sign up free and bet your reputation on the future!"
- Poolitics: place bets on political events
- Best and Worst Punditry of 2005: some short-term technological predictions reviewed
- 2006-12-14 Tech lessons learned from the wisdom of crowds
- 2006-03-15 Remembering the Iraq War's Pollyanna pundits
- 1999-03-05 US Patent #6260019: Web-based prediction marketplace by Thomas Craig Courts