Difference between revisions of "Jerry Falwell"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(→News and Opinion: legacy)
m (Jerry Falwell ENJOYING BRIAN PEPPERS DAY? moved to Jerry Falwell over redirect: vandalism reversion)
|(One intermediate revision by one other user not shown)|
Latest revision as of 17:54, 25 July 2008
This page is a seed article. You can help Issuepedia water it: make a request to expand a given page and/or donate to help give us more writing-hours!
- On 9/11: "I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way – all of them who have tried to secularize America – I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'"
- from a 1958 sermon: "[I]f Chief Justice Warren and his associates had known God's word and had desired to do the Lord's will, I am quite confident that the 1954 decision would never have been made ... The facilities [for the races] should be separate. When God has drawn a line of distinction, we should not attempt to cross that line."
News and Opinion
- 2007-11-06: The Legacy of Jerry Falwell: an excerpt from Rick Warren's blog
- 2007-05-18: For a moment, Falwell put aside his hate by Leonard Pitts, Jr.: "the 1999 meeting seemed such a hopeful – and, more to the point, such a Christian – thing, the sort of thing you should be able to expect from men and women of God. That you can't says much about the Christianity Falwell helped create. In girding it for political warfare, he seemed to simultaneously strip it of the revolutionary love that is supposed to be at its core. When he reclaimed that love eight years ago, Falwell did himself proud, as he had not done before, as he would not do again. So that moment is a singular thing, filled with if. Makes you sad for what was. Sadder still for what might have been."
- 2007-05-15: Falwell by Rick Perlstein
- 2007.??.??: Falwell says Christians shouldn't focus on global warming
- found 2005-12-05: http://www.funnystrange.com/quiz/ -- Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, and Usama bin Laden seem to agree about an awful lot (including, though not mentioned here, Falwell's 9/11 quote above)