Orson Scott Card
Orson Scott Card is a world-renowned American author, primarily of science fiction and fantasy. He also writes extensively on political subjects, generally from a somewhat moderate-conservative point of view although he is apparently a registered Democrat.
Card is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (aka the Mormons), and Mormon themes are often found in his work.
- 2007-04-01 Honor
- 2006-10-29 The Only Issue This Election Day
- 2004-02-15 Homosexual "Marriage" and Civilization
- Conservapedia: stub article as of 2007-12-31
dKosopediano article as of 2007-12-31 SourceWatchno article as of 2007-12-31
- 2004-02-15 [L..T] Homosexual "Marriage" and Civilization “...anyone who has any understanding of how America – or any civilization – works... will realize that this new diktat of the courts [in support of gay marriage] will not have any of the intended effects, while the unintended effects are likely to be devastating.”
- 2007-12-09 "Whatever Became Of Orson?", or Another Victim Of The Brain-Eater: "Basically, for those of you who didn't know, Orson Scott Card, multiple-award-winning author of Ender's Game and Speaker For The Dead, has in recent years written about how homosexuality is a sin and should be illegal, along with several other political/religious positions which, let's just say, don't endear him to the vast majority of SF fans."