Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 00:56, 9 September 2009 by Woozle (some reorg; events, thwarted plots - 2006 UK aircraft plot)
- 2015-01-26 [L..T] Islamic Terrorism: The Taboo Topic “Every time Islamic terrorism is discussed, those who bring up the "Christian terrorism" of the Ku Klux Klan or anti-abortion violence simply block free speech, as if deliberately trying to scramble the main topic. They seem to be saying, "Whether the Islamic State is Islamic or not is irrelevant; there are Christian terrorists as well, so do not talk about Islamic terrorists."”
- 2015-01-14 [L..T] Are All Terrorists Muslims? It's Not Even Close "Overwhelmingly, those who have committed terrorist attacks in the United States and Europe aren't Muslims."
- 2015-01-10 [L..T] Muslims are terrorism victims, too "These terrorists (Taliban/al-Qaida/ISIS), so-called Muslims, have no religion. No religion in the world teaches you to kill innocent people, especially children and women. [...] These so-called Muslims are not only killing non-Muslims, they are also killing Muslims."
- 2011-07-18 [L..T] Cousin admits role in NYC subway terror plot lead paragraph::A cousin of admitted terrorist Najibullah Zazi publicly revealed for the first time Monday that he was in on Zazi's chilling 2009 plot to attack New York City subways with suicide bombers.
- 2005-07-08 [L..T] headline::Root, Root, Root for the Bomb Team “That's right, the Times is complaining that "wealthy nations have not done enough about the root causes of terrorism"!”
To Be Filed
- 2007-10-15 Philly 9/11 Truth confronts former Terrorism Analyst Jonathan Schanzer, embedded video with commentary. Goes into some history regarding the CIA, the ISI, the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan, and some other issues. Schanzer's claim that Hamas and Al Qaeda are making money (to buy weapons) by running schools and doing charity work seems a bit bizarre, given that schools are generally nonprofits (at least in the US; does the system in the Middle East make it possible for schools and charities to be profit centers? If so, how?) and even schools where students must pay for tuition typically need regular large donations just to keep running. "Making money doing charity work" also seems counterintuitive, although possible; I think we would need to see a lot more evidence and details to accept this as a means by which terrorists are raising money. On the other hand, of course, the argument he is arguing against ("well, so they're terrorists, but they also do a lot of good, so it all balances out...") is itself rather bogus.
- 2006-11-08 Thames bomb horror by Fiona Hudson: "A British Muslim plotted to murder tens of thousands in a series of spectacular attacks using radioactive bombs and a petrol tanker, a court heard yesterday.