Trump-Pence administration/Executive Order 13769
Executive Order #13769 entitled "PROTECTING THE NATION FROM FOREIGN TERRORIST ENTRY INTO THE UNITED STATES" was issued on 2017-01-27.
- 2017-02-18 Eight people flee U.S. border patrol to seek asylum in Canada
- 2017-02-16 Hispanic caucus members ejected from meeting about immigration raids (via)
- 2017-02-13 A NASA Engineer Was Required to Unlock his Phone at the Border (share)
- 2017-02-09 Thursday
- 2017-02-08 Wednesday
- 2017-02-05 Sunday
- Tech companies file suit:
- Appeals Court Denies Justice Department's Request to Immediately Reinstate Trump's Immigration Ban
- Travel Ban Keeps Scientists Out Of The Lab (via)
- 2017-02-04 Saturday
- 2017-02-03 Friday
- The little-noticed bombshell in Trump's immigration order (via): it could be interpreted in ways that effectively shut down tourism
- Seattle judge blocks travel ban:
- Court Temporarily Blocks Trump's Travel Ban, and Airlines Are Told to Allow Passengers (via)
- Seattle judge blocks Donald Trump’s immigration ban nationwide
- 2017-02-04 DHS Statement on Compliance with Recent Court Order - DHS issues statement reluctantly complying with order
- 2017-02-01 Wednesday
- 2017-01-31 Tuesday
- 2017-01-30 Monday
- Trial Balloon for a Coup? by Yonatan Zunger
- Google employees staged a protest over Trump’s immigration ban
- Trump Fires Attorney General Sally Yates for Refusal to Support Muslim Ban
- (2017-01-31) That Time Jeff Sessions Asked Sally Yates If She Would Follow An Unlawful Order And She Was Like 'Nah' (via): apparently Jeff Sessions believed it was very important for the Attorney General not to follow illegal presidential orders when the president was Obama, but is now on the side which agrees she should have been fired for refusing illegal orders from Trump (though it's not clear whether Sessions himself has overtly taken this position).
- When Muslims Got Blocked at Airports, US Veterans Rushed to Help (via)
- 2017-01-29 Sunday
- President Trump's First Defeat
- Department Of Homeland Security Response To Recent Litigation "The Department of Homeland Security will continue to enforce all of President Trump’s Executive Orders..."
- White House Blames President Obama After Muslim Ban Backfires On Trump (via)
- Senate Democrats vow legislation to block Trump's travel ban (via) "Many of us gave the president and his Cabinet a little benefit of the doubt last week. I don’t see that there’s any reason that that should continue."
- Historian Heather Cox Richardson on Trump’s Muslim Ban: "It's a Shock Event"
- Message from Howard Schultz to Starbucks Partners: Living Our Values in Uncertain Times (via)
- (2017-01-31) Trump Supporters' #BoycottStarbucks Attempt Backfires Spectacularly "#DrinkStarbucksToFightBigotry has replaced #BoycottStarbucks in the trending page"
- Protest Muslim Ban San Diego SD Day 2 (via): Facebook event page
- 2017-01-28 Saturday
- University Of Michigan Defies Trump Prejudice By Refusing To Release Immigration Status Of Students (via)
- photos and video from immigration protests at JFK airport (via)
- Judge Donnely's block:
- 2017-01-27 Friday
- whitehouse.gov (archive.is)
- US Politicians on Immigration EO (via)
- Jezebel: Muslim ban news, video, and gossip