Difference between revisions of "Transnegation/UK"
Revision as of 17:33, 2 August 2020
Transmisia in the UK has somewhat different patterns than in the US and some other parts of the world in that trans rights have been firmly established in law since the 2004 Gender Recognition Act (GRA). Transmisia advocates often focus on (a) fighting against proposed improvements to the GRA and (b) fighting to remove some of its protections.
- Trans Crime UK: web site
- Karen White: criminal trans woman often cited as an example of the problems trans women cause
- User:Woozle/Twitter/2020-06-23: discussion of one cis woman's transmisic positions
UK Transmisia Advocates
- J.K. Rowling, bestselling author
- Maria MacLachlan, blogger: "My real-world experience of trans people doesn’t amount to much beyond getting robbed and assaulted by a few of them at Speakers’ Corner in September 2017, though I’ve made a few real-life trans friends as a result of that experience and a few more online."  (more about that incident here and some early details here)
- Maya Forstater
News (to file)
- 2020-02-12 Compelled speech: gaslighting in the courtroom: references many incidents and other articles on the conflict; quotes the same piece of what the BPA said that Trans Crime UK quoted
- 2018-07-19 Are female prisoners at risk from transgender inmates?: cites the BPA passage more completely