< US | CongressJump to navigation Jump to search
Excellent site. It was pleasant to me.
- redirect template:links/smw
News & Views
- 2007.10.12 What Would You Like Me to Ask Nancy Pelosi?: the meat is in the comments, and presumably in the interview which followed (video)
- 2007.08.10 How the Democrats Blew It in Only Eight Months by Alexander Cockburn, The Nation: "Thanks to the Dems' inaction on Iraq and compliance with Bush on the FISA bill, the Democratic-controlled Congress now has a "confidence" rating of 14 percent, the lowest since Gallup started asking the question in 1973 and five points lower than Republicans scored last year."
- 2007.08.01 Democrats scramble to expand wiretapping: WTF? Is Bush holding their spouses and children hostage? Or is the proposed legislation being misrepresented/misinterpreted?
- 2007.07.25 House Democrats pass contempt citation: "The House Judiciary Committee approved a contempt of Congress citation Wednesday against White House Chief of Staff Josh Bolten and one-time Counsel Harriet Miers, setting up a constitutional confrontation over the firings of federal prosecutors."
- Monday Action: on the Campaign for America's Future's efforts to expose the GOP members who have been blocking every major initiative
- Liberal media, my tailfeathers (filibuster edition)] by D.C. Simpson: more on the blockage
- 2007.04.26 Dems vote subpoenas in widening probes: "Putting their congressional control to work, Democrats approved new subpoenas Wednesday — and a grant of immunity – for probes ranging from the prosecutor firings and White House political activities to President Bush's justification for the war in Iraq."
- 2007.02.08 Playing Politics with Plane size? by Tim Moore
- 2007.01.08 Democrats warn Bush on Iraq plans: "The newly-empowered US Democrats have warned President George W. Bush he will have to justify any plans to boost troop levels in Iraq." (ohnoes, those darn terrorist-lovers are making us come up with good reasons before we do stuff! why do they hate our freedom so much??)
- 2007.01.06 Dems prepare slew of oversight hearings: "From the war to environmental policy and secret surveillance, the Democrats who now control both the House and Senate are armed with subpoena power and ready to summon panels of witnesses."
- 2007.01.04 Leahy Introduces Bills To Combat War Profiteering, Public Corruption
- 2007.01-02 The 2006 Elections and the Rightward Shift: "How should the Democrats’ 2006 recapture of Congress be interpreted in the context of the broader trends in American politics over the last decades?"
- 2007-08-07 I Drew This (cartoon with commentary): cowardly caving