- US/OR/Portland/2018/08/04/protest: Local antifascists protested in response to a rally by elements of the far Right.
- US/OR/Portland/2018/06/30/riot: Local antifascists protested in response to a rally by elements of the far Right.
- Conservapedia focuses on vicarious demonization of homeless people and liberals
- Real-time Air Quality Index (AQI)
- 2014-05-02 [L..T] The Case of The Vanishing Bees "On a fine June morning last year at a Target store outside Portland, Oregon, customers arrive to a startling sight: the parking lot was covered with a seething mat of bumblebees, some staggering around, most already dead, more raining down from above. The die-off lasted several days."
- 2014-07-16 [L..T] Portland police Capt. Mark Kruger's past discipline to be erased -- including for tribute to Nazi-era soldiers -- under city settlement “To settle a legal claim, the city of Portland has agreed to pay $5,000 to Portland police Capt. Mark Kruger and erase two disciplinary actions from his personnel record: a suspension for his public tribute to five Nazi-era German soldiers at a city park and a reprimand for retaliating against a female lieutenant.”
- 2017-01-31 [L..T] Tumultuous Tillamook street preacher in Portland Airport brawl A former Tillamook street preacher is back making headlines, this time entrenched in the recent social unrest at Portland International Airport (PDX).
- 2017-08-31 [L..T] Preacher Aligned with Portland-Area Far-Right Group Promises “Bloodshed” at Future Rallies “Portland resident and far-right preacher Allen Pucket has penned an inflammatory Facebook post promising violence at future protests, possibly including the upcoming "Freedom March" and counter-protests slated to envelop downtown Portland on Sept. 10..”
- 2017-08-31 [L..T] The Right Wing 'God Will Wipe Them Out': White Supremacist Preacher Promises 'Bloodshed' at Future Rallies “In a video, Pucket also said that “God’s going to wipe them out one day anyway,” referring to anti-racist and anti-fascist counter-protesters who have marched against white supremacist groups in recent months. He also professed a belief that those who organize such rallies shouldn’t cancel them for fear of violent retaliation, but should be “patriots” willing to “fight” in the streets for their white supremacist beliefs.”
- 2018-06-06 [L..T] Portland Police Chief Danielle Outlaw on protests, trust and learning her new city "The mix-up proved to be a quick, hard lesson for Outlaw on Portland's unusual commission form of government. Mayor Ted Wheeler, who also serves as police commissioner, doesn’t have the final say on decisions like this. He must wade through established city procedures and gain majority support on the City Council."
- 2018-06-22 [L..T] Woman who set self on fire in Portland park remembered as 'brilliant and tortured' artist “The 31-year-old woman walked on crutches into a downtown Portland park. Minutes later, she set herself on fire. Bystanders put out the fire that consumed Chloe Sagal, but she died from her injuries. It was an act, witnesses and friends say, that was a political protest as well as a suicide.”
- 2018-06-27 [L..T] Portland Police Saw Right-Wing Protesters as "Much More Mainstream" Than Leftist Ones “Newly released draft reports from a city review of how Portland police handled dueling demonstrations last summer reveal cops admitting what activists have long suspected: They saw right-wing protesters as less of a threat than leftist ones.”
- 2018-06-30 [L..T] Portland Police Declare a Riot After Right-Wing Marchers Begin Beating Antifascists with Flag Poles “For the first time in more than a year of street brawling, Portland police today deemed a march by Proud Boys and other right-wing protesters too violent to continue.”
- 2018-07-06 [L..T] Director’s Desk: Portland has criminalized poverty and mental illness “Now we know: More than half of the people arrested in Portland last year were homeless. [...] The ACLU of Oregon issued a report last year documenting 224 laws around the state that target people who are homeless. It identified laws that target people for sleeping in public places, for begging for money and for loitering. In other words, ACLU of Oregon researchers identified laws that matter only if you are homeless.”