Difference between revisions of "US Democratic Party"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(→Links: filed links section)
Revision as of 14:05, 25 July 2008
- tend to be hostile towards large or expensive engineering projects (e.g. nuclear power), while the Republicans tend to be hostile towards science
- tend to favor projects which improve sustainability on any level
- favors civil liberties, environmental conservation
- "How the hell did Democrats become the party of puritan conservative values?" -- David Brin
- The Democratic Party official web site
- House Democrats: web site of Democrats in Congress
- Campaigns Wikia
- 2014-07-04 [L..T] At Some Point, Progressives Need to Break Up With the Democratic Party "The Democratic Party espouses right-wing policies. Self-described progressives give them cash. Comedian Bill Maher gave them a million cash dollars, yet Democrats don't agree with him on anything. Why? Because he hates Republicans even more. Why didn't Maher save his money? Or better yet, fund a group or a writer or an artist who promotes ideas he actually agrees with? Because he, like tens of millions of other liberals, are stuck in the two-party trap."
- 2014-05-16 [L..T] Miami Will Be Underwater Before the Senate Acts on Climate Change
- 2014-04-11 [L..T] Dems run on, not from, the ACA
- 2014-03-31 [L..T] The Debate: Independence or Partisanship "Finally there is a much needed debate about the relationship that people who are working for progressive change should have with the Democratic Party. This is a debate that has existed at the edges, in email discussions and private conversations, but is now moving to center stage."