Difference between revisions of "US/pol/Republican"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 03:05, 1 March 2009
- American republicanism: the mindset of those who tend to be attracted to the Party's ideology
- 2004 US Republican Party Platform
- 2000 US Republican Party Platform
- 1995: Republican-led Congress Closed the Office of Technology Assessment
- 1994: The Contract with America was a significant Republican platform in the 1994 Congressional election
- Seemingly hostile towards science , while the Democrats tend to be opposed to large engineering projects
- Known for pointlessly "dirty" campaigning 
- redirect template:links/smw
- 2006-10-31 This Is No Fun: right-wing blogger John Cole shreds the recent performance of the GOP
- 2005-11-14 Is the GOP still the conservative party?
- ShelleyTheRepublican.com: ok, I confess... I can't tell if this is meant to be serious...
- Republicans for Humility
- 2005-12-21 Fear of death may factor into who we vote for: specifically, subtle reminders of mortality caused people to switch votes from Kerry to Bush; this seems likely to be a specific of a more general trend of voting Republican/Conservative being correlated with perceived danger level. The Party seems well aware of this, as they have a created a number of entities whose sole purpose seems to be to generate calculated levels of alarm and fear, at will, in the general population.
- 2007-05-09 Retired Generals Challenge GOP in Ads: "Three retired generals challenged a dozen members of Congress in a new ad campaign Wednesday, saying the politicians can't expect to win re-election if they support President Bush's policies in Iraq." The generals in question are Maj. Gen. John Batiste (ret.), Maj. Gen. Paul Eaton (ret.), and NATO Supreme Allied Commander Wesley Clark (ret.); the ads were created by VoteVets.org.
Bumper Sticker Ideas
|Respect Republican Principles Now!|
WHAT PART OF "ME ME ME!" DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?