War on science
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 19:05, 25 July 2008 by Woozle (talk | contribs) (War on science ENJOYING BRIAN PEPPERS DAY? moved to War on science over redirect: vandalism reversion)
Persistent attempts to attack and undermine the credibility of science have been coming from the Bush II administration and the American political right in general.
These attacks have been most notable in the areas of:
- evolution by natural selection (re-branded as "Darwinism", i.e. just another ideology): overwhelmingly agreed upon by scientists (especially those in relevant fields such as biology, geology, and psychology) but now disbelieved by a majority of Americans
- global warming (see global warming denial): agreed upon by the vast majority of scientists, but "controversial" in the US
The war on science refers specifically to initiatives which appear to be organized and widespread; individual or unorganized attacks on science are merely anti-science.
- religion vs. science
- It is often argued or claimed, mainly in religious circles, that science destroys morality
- redirect template:links/smw
reports on the war
attacks on science
- The Politically Incorrect Guide(tm) to Science by Tom Bethell. If the jacket blurb quoted here (comment by John Wilkins, 27 Aug 2006 at 8:02 pm) is accurate, then this book contradicts itself: how can the number species be increasing if Darwinism (including the core idea that evolution by natural selection causes speciation) "is crumbling"?