- link: https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/07/case-pseudonyms
- title: A Case for Pseudonyms
- author: Jillian York
- source: Electronic Frontier Foundation
- when: 2011-07-29
- summary: There are myriad reasons why individuals may wish to use a name other than the one they were born with. They may be concerned about threats to their lives or livelihoods, or they may risk political or economic retribution. They may wish to prevent discrimination or they may use a name that’s easier to pronounce or spell in a given culture.
- topics: pseudonymy Google+/policy/naming Facebook