There are apparently some fears (and perhaps hopes, however sick) that Barack Obama might be assassinated if elected president.
 Filed Links
 version 2
- 2008-11-08 [Talk|Index] Sarah Palin blamed by the US Secret Service over death threats against Barack Obama § “Sarah Palin's attacks on Barack Obama's patriotism provoked a spike in death threats against the future president, Secret Service agents revealed during the final weeks of the campaign.”
- 2008-10-28 [Talk|Index] US says it disrupted plot to kill Barack Obama § “US authorities have arrested two white supremacists for threatening to kill Democrat Barack Obama as part of a "killing spree"" of African-Americans, court records released today showed.”
- 2008-05-27 [Talk|Index] Same Joke, More Regret § “Discussing Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton's reference last week to the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy during the 1968 primary season, the Fox analyst, Liz Trotta, said Sunday that "now we have what some are reading as a suggestion that somebody knock off Osama, um, Obama – well, both, if we could."”
- 2008-05-23 [Talk|Index] Hillary's Bizarre RFK Comment § 2=“Her excuse now is that the Kennedys have been "much on my mind these days" with the illness of Senator Edward Kennedy, but that doesn't explain what brought it to mind more than two months ago.” Nor does it explain her campaign manager's comment.
- 2008-05-16 [Talk|Index] Stay safe, Obama § “About four or five months ago, as Democratic Sen. Barack Obamaâ€™s candidacy was clearly ascending, several stories popped up suggesting that the Illinois senator could be in danger of being assassinated. .. In fact, back in February, â€œassassinate Obamaâ€ was one of the most searched phrases on Google and there was no shortage of people commenting publicly on the topic, including an article in The New York Times.” .. “...former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura telling radio talk show host Alex Jones that Obama was in danger, specifically saying, â€œWatch out, Barack Obama.â€”
- 2008-05-16 [Talk|Index] Huckabee quips about gun aimed at Obama § “Hearing a loud noise and interrupting his speech, Huckabee said: "That was Barack Obama. He just tripped off a chair. He's getting ready to speak and somebody aimed a gun at him and he – he dove for the floor." .. There were only a few murmurs in the crowd after the remark.” Somewhat bizarrely worded... a veiled threat? Obama wasn't even present at the event. 2010-09-25 Update: this comment now seems mild compared to much of the violent anti-Obama, anti-liberal rhetoric which has become common since the election.
- 2008-02-10 [Talk|Index] Nobel winner Lessing: Obama would be killed if elected § “Nobel Prize winner Doris Lessing believes Barack Obama would be assassinated if he were elected U.S. president, the British writer said in a newspaper interview. .. Asked whether she supported Hillary Clinton or Obama in the presidential race, Lessing told Stockholm daily Dagens Nyheter "it doesn't matter," but suggested the two Democrats should join forces in the election. .. "It would be best if they ran together. Hillary is a very sharp lady. It might be calmer if she wins and not Obama," Lessing was quoted as saying in comments translated into Swedish. .. "He would probably not last long, a black man in the position of president. They would kill him," Lessing said in the interview published Saturday.” This prediction would seem to have more to do with perceived racism in the US than with any more power-oriented conspiracy.