Community Reinvestment Act
dKosopedia: no information as of 2009-05-24
SourceWatch: no information as of 2009-05-24
- 2008-12-04 [Talk|Index] Conservative myths about the financial crisis § “Contrary to conservative mythmakers, the subprime credit is not the cause of the current crisis and the Community Reinvestment Act is not its trigger.”
- 2008-10-03 [Talk|Index] How Government Stoked the Mania § “Housing prices would never have risen so high without multiple Washington mistakes.”
- 2012-12-20 New Study Finds CRA 'Clearly' Did Lead To Risky Lending "a new study by the respected National Bureau of Economic Research [W] finds, "Yes, it did. We find that adherence to that act led to riskier lending by banks. [...] There is a clear pattern of increased defaults for loans made by these banks in quarters around the (CRA) exam. Moreover, the effects are larger for loans made within CRA tracts," or predominantly low-income and minority areas." The paper, unfortunately, costs $5.
- 2011-08-03 The Subprime Crisis: Is Government Housing Policy to Blame?: "We find little evidence that either the CRA or the GSE goals played a significant role in the subprime crisis. Our lender tests indicate that areas disproportionately served by lenders covered by the CRA experienced lower delinquency rates and less risky lending. Similarly, the threshold tests show no evidence that either program had a significantly negative effect on outcomes."
- 2008-09-29 Community Reinvestment Act had nothing to do with subprime crisis: "Fresh off the false and politicized attack on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, today we're hearing the know-nothings blame the subprime crisis on the Community Reinvestment ActBush administration just as the worst lending wave began. This is even more ridiculous than blaming Freddie and Fannie."
Facts about "Community Reinvestment Act"