OverviewGlenn Beck is a neoconservative commentator.
- Encyclopedia of American Loons #17: mainly refers to MediaMatters
- MediaMatters: posts tagged "Glenn Beck"
- 2010-10-02 [Talk|Index] Donald Duck Meets Glenn Beck in Right Wing Radio Duck § “This is a re-imagined Donald Duck cartoon remix constructed using dozens of classic Walt Disney cartoons from the 1930s to 1960s. Donald's life is turned upside-down by the current economic crisis and he finds himself unemployed and falling behind on his house payments. As his frustration turns into despair Donald discovers a seemingly sympathetic voice coming from his radio named Glenn Beck.”
- 2010-07-09 [Talk|Index] The greatest science "scandal" "in the history of man" predictably falls apart § “Last year, conservative climate change skeptics, in the words of Wall Street Journal's Kimberly Strassel, thought they had found a "gold mine." Conservative media figures seized on emails stolen from climate scientists and proceeded to completely distort their contents. As we pointed out repeatedly at the time, this "scandal" relied on outrageous misrepresentations of the stolen emails and did not in any way undermine the scientific consensus about climate change.”
- 2010-07-08 [Talk|Index] Beck distorts Berwick comment to claim appointment vindicates his fearmongering over rationing § “Glenn Beck claimed that a quote from Obama appointee Donald Berwick "confirms everything" Beck and Fox News had said about how health care reform would result in rationing. In fact, Beck deceptively edited Berwick's comments to remove Berwick's accurate statement that the U.S. health care system already rations.”
- 2009-10-15 [Talk|Index] Beck falsely claimed Anita Dunn "worships" "her hero" Mao Zedong § “...Glenn Beck falsely claimed that White House communications director Anita Dunn "worships" and "idolizes" "her hero" Mao Zedong. In fact, in the video that Beck aired as evidence to support his claims, Dunn offered no endorsement of Mao's ideology or atrocities...”
- 2006-12-04 [Talk|Index] Why I blog § By way of explaining how the mainstream media are not just letting us down but in some cases actively conspiring with the forces from which they are supposed to be protecting us, the author digs into the following: 1. Jonathan Schwarz of A Tiny Revolution explains that the news media have sided with the privileged elite, a class to which you almost certainly donâ€™t belong. 2. In an unguarded moment, the Editorial Director of CBSNews.com explains what was really going on over the last twelve years. 3. CNN demonstrates its loyalty to the dark side of the force (by hiring "loathsome and completely unprofessional idiot" Glenn Beck), and 4. We discover yet again that deceiving us has become an industrial process (corporate PR videos being shown as newscasts).
News & Views
- 2007-10-22 Why does Glenn Beck hate California so much?: “Right-wing blowhard Glenn Beck didn't make any friends in Southern California on Monday. Media Matters caught him in flagrante delicto on his talk radio show, declaring, "I think there is a handful of people who hate America. Unfortunately for them, a lot of them are losing their homes in a forest fire today."”
- 2007-10-23 CNN's Glenn Beck: "people who hate America" losing homes in So CA wildfires: further discussion