Paul McHugh is a distinguished professor of psychiatry at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and a reliable source of authoritative-sounding but highly misleading and flawed work in the area of gender.
He is also known for sharply dysconservative views on the subject of sexuality
He has also held the following positions:
- advisory board, False Memory Syndrome Foundation (see SourceWatch)
- member, President's Council on Bioethics during the Bush-Cheney administration
- In an editorial for the Discovery Institute, he uses the teach the controversy fallacy against the theory of evolution by natural selection and then raises a number of long-refuted objections
- Special:SearchByProperty/Author/Paul-20McHugh: automatic index of all filed writings (currently only those found in /gender)
Conservapedia: only one passing reference as of 2017-08-07
SourceWatch: two references (no equivalent page) as of 2017-08-07
RationalWiki: some information but no equivalent page as of 2017-08-07
- GLAAD (page needs some proofreading, e.g. mis-spells United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) and gives no source for the claim that McHugh was a member of the USCCB's National Review Board; a search of USCCB's web site finds that a History of the National Review Board does name him as a founding member, and also reveals that they frequently cite his work as authoritative)
- 2005-03-28 Teaching Darwin: Why we're still fighting about biology textbook. "...Darwinism being quite obviously a biological theory and open to dispute. To claim otherwise is to be woefully misinformed."