OverviewRush Limbaugh is a neoconservative AM radio talk show host in the United States.
 Quotes About
|A poster on Contrary Brin writes:|
I've been listening to Rush Limbaugh et al. non-stop since the last presidential election in an effort to completely internalize the worldview of the "anti-modernists." I'll summarize their reasons for the anti-filibuster:
And on and on. If you listen to Rush and company long enough, you pick up a lot of things that you can actually agree with. However, most of it is presented in a warped, bigoted, echo chamber like manner and with tremendous amount of paranoia and pseudo-underdog feel thereby negating itself.
|from Contrary Brin, 2005-05-11, reader comment on "Modern(ist) Political Subtlety - or Why "Majority Rule" is a Deadly Ruse"|
- Conservapedia (article was "permanently protected" as of 2007-10-06, despite poor quality at the time; remains protected as of 2008-03-22)
 Filed Links
 version 2
- 2010-07-09 [Talk|Index] The greatest science "scandal" "in the history of man" predictably falls apart § “Last year, conservative climate change skeptics, in the words of Wall Street Journal's Kimberly Strassel, thought they had found a "gold mine." Conservative media figures seized on emails stolen from climate scientists and proceeded to completely distort their contents. As we pointed out repeatedly at the time, this "scandal" relied on outrageous misrepresentations of the stolen emails and did not in any way undermine the scientific consensus about climate change.”
- 2010-07-08 [Talk|Index] Beck distorts Berwick comment to claim appointment vindicates his fearmongering over rationing § “Glenn Beck claimed that a quote from Obama appointee Donald Berwick "confirms everything" Beck and Fox News had said about how health care reform would result in rationing. In fact, Beck deceptively edited Berwick's comments to remove Berwick's accurate statement that the U.S. health care system already rations.”
- 2009-03-07 [Talk|Index] "Bipartisan DEFINED !" : RUSH LIMBAUGH : CPAC Convention 2009 § “To us, bipartisanship is them being forced to agree with us after we have politically cleaned their clocks and beaten them.”
- 2008-03-21 [Talk|Index] Will Rush Limbaugh Be Indicted for Voter Fraud? § “While this all makes for great talk radio and sounds like fun, there is one catch: What Limbaugh encouraged Republican voters to do in Ohio was a fifth-degree felony in that state, punishable with a $2,500 fine and six to 12 months in jail. That is because in order to change party affiliation in Ohio, voters have to fill out a form swearing allegiance to that party's principles "under penalty of election falsification."” Limbaugh urged Republicans to re-register as Democrats so they could vote for Hillary Clinton over Barack Obama, apparently in the belief that Clinton would be an easier opponent for John McCain to beat – in effect, deliberately weakening the Democratic Party.
- 2008-02-06 [Talk|Index] John McCain to Rush Limbaugh: Calm Down, Reach Across Aisle § by Rush Limbaugh, with brief transcript of David Brooks on Jim Lehrer's NewsHour: “McCain gets credit for being a maverick, as if that's evidence of his great character, because he'll always follow his conscience rather than the party line, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, but he's always a maverick in furtherance of principles that we find abhorrent and principles that liberals love.” Who, exactly, is "we"? And which of McCain's principles do they abhor?... “We are reaching out and asking liberals to come join us as liberals. And somehow this is a great masterstroke? If this were a war, what we're saying is, "Enemy, come on in, and come be who you are when you get here." If the Republican Party and the Democrat Party were two nations, Senator McCain is saying, "I'm going to have no border on my nation, the Republican Party. And if those people in that enemy party want to come in, infiltrate our party, that's great. I'm going to show that I'm the guy that can get it done. I'm going to be the guy to not protect the borders." Why is it so hard? I'm serious. This one escapes me. Why is it so hard to understand that what we want is to defeat those people?” What happened to Karl Rove's "big tent" coalition?
 News & Views
- 2007-09-20 A Lesson on Why Liberals Worship Separation of Church and State (see also: separation of church and state)
- 2005-01-06 Talk Radio 2: some analysis of Limbaugh on Abu Ghraib and related topics