OverviewSousveillance refers to the idea of turning surveillance upside-down, as it were (using the French "sous" meaning "under", as opposed to "sur" meaning "above" or "on top of"), by looking back at those who are doing surveillance as well as more generally looking back at those who are in positions of authority. In other words, those who have the power to covertly observe others (surveillance) should themselves be watched (sousveillance) so as to discourage abuse of that power and thereby promote transparency.
Conservapediano article as of 2007-12-01 (first checked 2007-10-15)
- ?dKosopedia? was down on 2007-10-15 and 2007-12-01, so couldn't check for article
SourceWatchno article as of 2007-12-01
- WearCam.org: lots of information on sousveillance and other things, sometimes related
- safer streets via webcams
- teenager records racist swearing of arresting cop on cell phone
- EyeTap Personal Imaging Lab