Sustainability refers to the idea of (human) business and personal/cultural practices which can be continued (sustained) indefinitely without causing irreversible damage to the environment and without using up resources which cannot be replaced in the forseeable future.
- If humans are at all responsible for global warming (a point currently under debate), then by definition global warming is a sustainability issue.
- Oil dependence is a sustainability issue due to human inability to synthesize oil products (mainly fuels) at a sufficient rate to sustain current usage.
- There is a popular myth that there are no sustainable energy sources.
- sustainable energy: there should be a page for this, and much of this page's content should go there. Sustainability is also about farming practices and other things not directly related to energy.
- Electric cars seem to be the most likely tool for making personal transportation sustainable.
Conservapediano article as of 2014-05-15, though a search reveals many references
dKosopediano article as of 2014-05-15, though a search reveals many references
SourceWatchno article as of 2014-05-15, though a search reveals many references
- Appropedia: sustainability wiki
- Repower America: political movement to achieve "100% clean energy within 10 years"; Al Gore seems to be involved
- Sustainable Community Action wiki
- 2011-07-15T06:00:00 [L..T] A research revolution to save the planet If promises are kept, development finance is set to rise to $100bn. Shouldn't we be investing this money in developing clean technologies?
No links filed yet for topic “Sustainable”. [refresh]