US Federal Reserve
- /conspiracy: The Fed is the subject of a number of related and overlapping conspiracy theories
- End the Fed: a group supporting legislation to nationalize or otherwise end the Federal Reserve as a private corporation
- 2011-07-21 [L..T] The Fed Audit The first top-to-bottom audit of the Federal Reserve uncovered eye-popping new details about how the U.S. provided a whopping $16 trillion in secret loans to bail out American and foreign banks and businesses during the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression.
 version 2
- 2008-05-14 [Talk|Index] Bernanke's Federal Reserve Freakout § “Spooking Bernanke is the Fed's discovery that many thousands of delinquencies are not caused by unemployment or even, perhaps, inability to keep up with payments but rather by the quick, steep drop in the price of real estate. "Sharp declines in house prices, and thus in homeowners' equity, reduce both the ability and incentive of homeowners, particularly those under financial stress for other reasons, to retain their homes," he said.”
- 2008-03-17 [Talk|Index] America was conned - who will pay? § “Bear Stearns marks the moment when the global financial crisis went critical. Up until last Friday, it had been possible - just about - to believe that the worst was over and that things were about to get better. That pretence was stripped away when JP Morgan, at the behest of the Federal Reserve, stepped in when the hedge funds pulled the plug on the fifth-biggest US investment bank.”
- 2008-01-22 [Talk|Index] Fed Makes Emergency 0.75% Rate Cut § “The Federal Reserve, responding to an international stock sell-off and the likelihood of a sharp drop in America on Tuesday morning, cut its benchmark interest rate by three-quarters of a percentage point. ... The Japanese stock market dropped 5.7 percent, for the worst two-day loss in 17 years, while the Australian stock market tumbled 7.1 percent, its worst single-day loss in nearly two decades. The Shanghai market lost 7.2 percent while the Hang Seng index in Hong Kong plummeted 8.7 percent. .. â€œAt this stage, you can say there is panic selling in the market,â€ said Kwong Man Bun, the chief operating officer of KGI Asia Ltd., a large Asian futures broker. â€œWe donâ€™t think the Hang Seng index has found its bottom yet; the index will continue to go down and will only find its bottom when external markets â€” namely, the U.S. market â€” stabilize.â€”
- 2005-11-10 [Talk|Index] Discontinuance of M3 § “On March 23, 2006, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System will cease publication of the M3 monetary aggregate. The Board will also cease publishing the following components: large-denomination time deposits, repurchase agreements (RPs), and Eurodollars. The Board will continue to publish institutional money market mutual funds as a memorandum item in this release.” "George Washington's Blog" reports this indicator (presumably referring to the M3) as "the size of the money supply"; is this accurate? If so, GWB's contention that this was specifically to hide vast new quantities of money being printed to shore up the US economy may be on target.
- Court Rules Federal Reserve is Privately Owned: "...excerpts from a court case proving the Federal Reserve system's status. As you will see, the court ruled that the Federal Reserve Banks are "independent, privately owned and locally controlled corporations", and there is not sufficient "federal government control over 'detailed physical performance' and 'day to day operation'" of the Federal Reserve Bank for it to be considered a federal agency..." Lewis v. United States, 680 F.2d 1239 (1982)