Operation Fast and Furious/take them down
One confidential witness told Congress that he overheard Scot Thomasson, chief ATF spokesman, say early on in the congressional inquiry into Fast and Furious: "We need to get whatever dirt we can on these guys [the whistleblowers] and take them down."
This would seem to indicate that the testimony took place in a hearing to which there were other witnesses, and possibly under oath -- but since the testimony was "confidential" and no date is given, tracking it down may be quite difficult.
- Issa, Grassley release details about Fast and Furious whistleblower retaliation, cover-up: cites Grassley/Issa letter, which cites Issa memo but gives insufficient information for locating it
- Fast and Furious whistleblowers now supervised by ATF manager who allegedly threatened retaliation: cites Grassley/Issa letter
- 2013-06-30 ATF'S Fast and Furious Coverup Exposed: cites Daily Caller post
- There is no on-site search function.
- About half of the menu links go to 404 pages. ("KEY PLAYERS & PLACES", "INVESTIGATION", and "VIDEO & COMMENTARY")
- Using Google to search the COGR site for the phrase "take them down" returns no results.
- Using Google to search the COGR site for "Thomasson" also returns no results.
- As of 2014-12-04, the "fastandfuriousinvestigation.com" domain name -- which was used for what appears to have been the main substance of the site -- is up for sale, and no longer attached to any information related to F&F.
It is curious that the COGR would not make this document more easily available.