Jump to navigation Jump to search
Before you can edit Issuepedia, you need to have an account. (I had to disable anonymous posting because of spam.) You can create one here, or log in here if you already have one.
- Help category
- Help:Feeds (RSS/Atom): getting update notifications from Issuepedia
- Help:Sandbox for testing and experimenting
- project:Contact: contact information for Issuepedia
- Help:Admin: help information for site administrators
- Guidelines and Policies:
- project:User Guide: things we encourage all users to do
- project:References: reference sites
- project:Arguing: terminology and how it works
- project:Arguing/guidelines: a detailed list of guidelines
- project:Debaticons: using icons to indicate the components of a debate
- project:Policies: arbitrary stuff that should be consistent
- project:About: general information about Issuepedia
- project:essays: index to on-site opinion pieces
- project:references: index of standard reference works and associated templates
- project:archive: archived pages
- Issuepedia bug tracker at The Virtual Bazaar
- Images (and galleries)
- Magic Words: insert bits of generated information
- ParserFunctions: do stuff with existing text
- To add footnote references within article text:
<ref name="key">full footnote goes here</ref>
- The "name" attribute is only necessary if you want to refer to the same footnote more than once.
- The key must not be purely numeric.
- To display the list of footnotes:
- More complete instructions are on the MediaWiki reference site.
This page is in need of updating. Need some basic wiki-editing instructions here.
didn't I already create a page or section about templates somewhere? -W.
Ways of displaying and formatting content:
- Template:Dbrk: show double brackets around first argument, like a wikipage link (but don't actually link) - [[like this]]
Various conditions under which the complete text of an external article might be posted in Issuepedia:
- Template:Authored: reprinted with Issuepedia-specific permission
- Template:Copyrt: reprinted without permission
- Template:Fiskreprint: reprinted without permission specifically for fisking (maybe this is redundant?)
- Template:Fisking-incomplete: use this when you've posted the article but haven't finished fisking yet
- Template:Licensed: reprinted under the terms of a specific license
Places to find current news, especially items not generally covered by the mainstream press
These articles should be rewritten, updated, or scrapped:
- Article Types: some of the main types of articles, and where to find examples
- Contributors: actual people who have contributed substantially to Issuepedia