Jump to navigation Jump to search
Unlike other reference projects, Issuepedia welcomes statements of personal opinion.
- Any opinion is an assertion of fact.
- Any assertion may be challenged.
- A challenged assertion that is not defended with a rational argument based on acceptable evidence need not be taken seriously.
- /guidelines: more specifics on how to keep a debate productive
- /trust: heuristics for managing bad faith
- 1. /assertions: An assertion that has not been challenged may be assumed to be true.
- 2. /challenges: When an assertion is challenged,
- 3. /clarity of arguments: Responsibility for making an argument clear lies on the arguer, not the respondent.
For more specifics, see:
- /guidelines: valid and invalid argumentation techniques