User:Woozle/Evolution vs. Intelligent Design
yeah feat usher xenya yugi oh baby chams berte in alto mare zombies cranberries buchholz hotel boschi your latest trick zia forli apocalisse sul fiume giallo y tu que has hecho www tg com it zampogne zelig wav blue spanish eyes testo in ita www trombare www pioggia dorata it bielovar yesterday paul mccartney zadok the priest of tony britten winzip italiano zambrone base musicale la gatta x me importante andate al west bollettino ufficiale della regione umbri wwwferdinandofama com www rofrano it benassi bros feat dhany zahouania www yau it bsb www gry pl bindiya chamkegi www algare com www gewiss it arrivano i carri armati bakstage calendari bubbles barbatul ideal anni verdi www gusanito com mx born to be alive p hernandez www aido it zayon y lenox balla figliola beatriz rico big titts www symantic com blue dubblin www matildebrandi it www max rcs blof counting crows holiday in spain black eyed shut up brasiliani a genova ziberna yin basilicatanet barbe e pizzetti bertolucci brenda carvalo yeu www moby it basi karaoke di salsa bin bau bassa che bassa yamaha r1 begley www iata org barbara durso sex sex topless yhaoomessenger xxx pron anime bic runga bibbia per nokia bigliettini auguri matriomonio bonnie tyler and kareen antonn xxx gay www ornela vorpsi www quattroruote it a caccia di spie www modelle it zero reticoli www joker it x win32 bia 322 y battagliaterme blue spartiti birckenstock heidi klum ballando al buoio www kings of convinience it britney home page assicurasi vergine zeta zero alfa amanti in fuga www sanpaolo banco di napoli wilkommen www roadrunner com www bramkasms pl baby rasta y gringo sentenciado w w w mani tese it www nido hotel com arizona si scatenò... e li fece fuori tutti! yozo kaka ritka bony tailor agenzia matrimoniale "a" www luigi interfree it bony taylor atto d'amore - il magnifico disertore www makelovetome com biografy totti www neuromed benassi midi www coscienza org belle quarantenni xatzigiann brazil you and i y hubo alguien xcrypt x goe give to ya www aol bellezze della tv baila gigi d alessio bagnimojito bennato mediterraneo barbarie 21 settenbre basi remix www triangolo delle bermuda it berlusconi con la bandana bahibak moot xutos bocca di magra bungalow campania 2 persone bayer serie h big cocks ymne a l amour biografia costantino vitigliano willy denzer yaouu borse burberry bus sicilia zir www strano it bacio a mezzanotte bulldozer www istruzione pg blu vacanze basi musicali film best sellers www unpostoalsole org Evolution vs. Intelligent Design: a biased analysis
2007-06-05 Notes: This was written at a time when I hadn't yet extensively researched the situation. My conclusion now is more along the lines of "ID is just a thinly-disguised veneer of scientific-sounding language layered on top of creationism. Evolution may be just a theory, but it is a scientific theory; ID is, at best, an informal theory, and the more you try to get an ID supporter to define their terms or be specific, the more evasions you get. IDers and creationists believe what they believe because it fits what they want to believe, not because it's what the evidence shows."
- The evolutionists do need to admit that evolution is just a theory, because it is.
- The Intelligent Design (ID) folks need to admit that while evolution may be just a theory, it fits the facts very well, and while ID may be a theory in the most general sense ("a belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as the basis of action" , "An unproven conjecture" wiktionary), it is not a scientific theory ("A coherent statement or set of statements that attempts to explain observed phenomena, which has testable implications, and which is well tested and widely accepted as true." wiktionary), which is (where any doubt exists) generally a requirement for including such ideas in academic curricula.
- The scientists need to admit that just because something doesn't have a lot of supporting data doesn't mean it isn't (or couldn't be) true, although it may well mean that it is highly unlikely. They also need to admit that we don't yet know enough about the universe to say that it couldn't have been (or wasn't) designed by an intelligent being.
- The ID folks need to admit that until they have a specific theoretical argument with some testable conclusions, postulating an intelligent entity (which itself would need to be explained) when there are other simpler explanations is, as they say, making things unnecessarily complicated*.
|*complicated: see Occam's Razor, a principle attributed to a 14th-century Franciscan friar who apparently agreed that it made proving the existence of God rather iffy |
- The evolutionists need to stop worrying that Intelligent Design will, all by itself, turn schoolchildren into Bible-thumping science-haters, and focus on making sure that the scientific method and logical thinking are taught well