Guantanamo Bay detainment camp
The camp includes includes Camp Delta (which includes Camp Echo), Camp Iguana, and the now-closed Camp X-Ray.
- WikiLeaks: Camp Delta Standard Operating Procedure
 Filed Links
 version 2
- 2008-07-23 [Talk|Index] Bin Laden happy with September 11 toll, war court told § “Osama bin Laden's driver overheard the al Qaeda leader saying he was happy about the death toll in the September 11 attacks and thought the hijacked plane that crashed in Pennsylvania was shot down, according to one of the driver's interrogators.”
- 2008-06-15 [Talk|Index] America's prison for terrorists often held the wrong men § “But Akhtiar was no terrorist. American troops had dragged him out of his Afghanistan home in 2003 and held him in Guantanamo for three years in the belief that he was an insurgent involved in rocket attacks on U.S. forces. The Islamic radicals in Guantanamo's Camp Four who hissed "infidel" and spat at Akhtiar, however, knew something his captors didn't: The U.S. government had the wrong guy. .. "He was not an enemy of the government, he was a friend of the government," a senior Afghan intelligence officer told McClatchy. Akhtiar was imprisoned at Guantanamo on the basis of false information that local anti-government insurgents fed to U.S. troops, he said. .. An eight-month McClatchy investigation in 11 countries on three continents has found that Akhtiar was one of dozens of men â€” and, according to several officials, perhaps hundreds â€” whom the U.S. has wrongfully imprisoned in Afghanistan, Cuba and elsewhere on the basis of flimsy or fabricated evidence, old personal scores or bounty payments.”
- 2008-06-13 [Talk|Index] McCain: Guantanamo Ruling One of the "Worst Decisions" in History § “The presumptive GOP nominee said the decision, a 5-4 ruling Thursday that determined Guantanamo detainees have the right to seek release in civilian courts, would lead to a wave of frivolous challenges. .. "We are now going to have the courts flooded with so-called ... habeas corpus suits against the government, whether it be about the diet, whether it be about the reading material. And we are going to be bollixed up in a way that is terribly unfortunate because we need to go ahead and adjudicate these cases," he said at a town hall meeting in New Jersey.” So much for McCain being anti-torture.
- 2008-02-29 [Talk|Index] Chief Guantanamo prosecutor turns critic § “Until four months ago, Colonel Morris "Mo" Davis was chief prosecutor and the most colourful champion of the Bush Administration's military commission system. He once said sympathy for detainees was nauseating and compared putting them on trial to dragging "Dracula out into the sunlight". ... Then in October he had a dispute with his boss, a general. Ever since, he has been one of those critics who will not go away: a former top insider willing to turn on the system he helped run. .. Still in the military, he has irritated the Administration, claiming in articles and interviews that Pentagon officials interfered with prosecutors, exerted political pressure and approved the use of evidence obtained by torture.”
- 2008-02-21 [Talk|Index] The Great Guantánamo Puppet Theater § “Specific accusations concerning the roles played by each of the six in the tragedy of 9/11 were all over the media. For the most part, the media has only lightly embroidered the Pentagon's script.”
- 2008-02-11 [Talk|Index] U.S. charges 6 for roles in 9/11 attacks § “The Pentagon has charged six detainees at Guantanamo Bay with murder and war crimes in connection with the Sept. 11 attacks. Officials said Monday they'll seek the death penalty in what would be the first capital trials under the terrorism-era military tribunal system.”
- 2007-11-14 [Talk|Index] Sensitive Guantánamo Bay Manual Leaked Through Wiki Site § "The Camp Delta document includes schematics of the camp, detailed checklists of what "comfort items" such as extra toilet paper can be given to detainees as rewards, six pages of instructions on how to process new detainees, instructions on how to psychologically manipulate prisoners, and rules for dealing with hunger strikes."
- 2006-10-02 Patterico's Exclusive Interview with a Man Who Has Spoken to the Terrorists at Guantánamo
- 2007-04-22 Guantanamo echoes U.S. 'gunboat' past: "Fidel Castro wages silent protest against the U.S. military "tenants" of this bay in southern Cuba from a drawer in his desk" by not cashing any of the rent checks Cuba has received since Castro took office.
- TearItDown.org: SITE DOES NOT WORK UNDER LINUX. SOMEONE PLEASE TELL THEM TO FIX IT!