OverviewIslamofascism is a form of religious extremism in which the faith of Islam is abusively used as a cover for a totalitarian ideology, especially fascism.
Links and other items having to do with Islam as an abusive force should probably be moved here; the Islam page is (ultimately) for items about the religion itself, according to its own written scripture and doctrines.
It is not clear that there is any significant difference between Islamofascism and genuine Islamic fundamentalism, and so the latter term redirects here. Islamic doctrine, when interpreted literally and "fundamentally", would seem to be essentially fascistic in nature, in that:
- it considers individual needs less important than unquestioning adherence
- it seeks to promote unity of cultural and religious attributes
Hence "Islamic fundamentalism" is essentially a form of fascism. Discussion on the validity of equating these two terms is welcome, however.
 Related Pages
- Islamofascism is an example of a puppet ideology.
 Filed Links
 version 2
No links filed yet for topic “Islamofascist”. [refresh]
- 2007-06-21 The myth of Islamophobia by Pat Condell
- 2006-08-16 What Is 'Islamofascism'? by Stephen Schwartz
- Nick Scipio - Picture of the Day: Islamic protesters with extreme messages