- link: http://cafehayek.com/2011/04/other-peoples-money-2.html
- date: 2011-04-24
- title: []
- author: Don Boudreaux
- summary: Wisely warning against the folly of government-subsidized high--
- Since high-speed rail does not seem to be profitable for private investors, it is a waste of money for the government to invest in it.
- Since the government will spend money on wasteful projects like high-speed rail, this is strong evidence that other government programs ("such as education, health-
- assumptions: All profit from a project can be measured in terms of profit to investors in that project.
- conclusions: High-speed rail is a waste of money.
- topics: other people's money profit high-speed rail passenger rail
- example of: bad argument